• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Nope, just a web search.

Reddit, snapshit and similar "kids" sites make no sense to me so I steer clear of them.

Maybe I missed it but I've long wondered, why are you disabled?
    More back surgeries than you got fingers and damage from an infection after one of them.

The first one was urgently needed due to major instability from destroyed facet joints and a defect. That fusion broke. It just went down hill from there.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I had long assumed it was a violent work related injury but of course, that doesn't minimize your life's impact.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I had long assumed it was a violent work related injury but of course, that doesn't minimize your life's impact.
    I never really got hurt at work. I got bent backwards over a rail a couple times fighting but the damage was already there.

The instability was so bad that even with good core strength, doing the stupidest thing like picking up a paper off the ground, one level would just slip forward ontop of another causing severe spasms, i.e. what happens when people say their backs go out, or my legs would get wonkey or weak from nerves being impinged.

I guess it was all caused or predisposed due to a very slight type of spina bifida where there was a deformity some where in there. That's what they told me anyways. Most folks who have never know it unless it causes issues like mine. I may have injured it at some point lifting weights or who knows. I hurt it at summer camp one year jumping off a 30 ft tower onto one of those big balloon things that float on a lake when I was 15 but i was already having back pain a few years before that.

Basically they dont know. I guess it doesnt really matter now.

I kept in decent shape while working, lifted lots of weights and such but it got to where i got hurt too easily fighting and needed too much pain meds to work and that's not good carrying a gun or commanding dart teams etc. Became a liability.

Life goes on.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1649475382374.png

End thread!

Top Bottom