• ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    <B>
    Anyone know of a Houston FFL holder that will do a transfer with an out of state license, but with proof of residency in Texas? Apparently getting to the DPS drivers license office and getting out in under 8 hours is impossible. I do not know the laws here about this sort of thing, so if this is in violation of a law let me know. Bought a pistol on gunbroker when I first got here, and dont want to lose it because I cannot get it transferred.
    </B>

AFpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Sheppard AFB
    No expert here, but I've never heard of someone being able to do a handgun transfer with an out of state license, regardless of residency. On the other hand, I just moved to Texas within the past month and my wife and I were in and out of the DPS office (Wichita Falls) with our new driver's licenses within 20-25 minutes. 8 hours? I would test that one before losing the handgun.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Thanks for the tips Renegade, I used the gunbroker FFL finder emailed a bunch of locals ones, some said no way, some didnt answer, found a guy 10 min from the house who said no prob just to bring copies of my utilitiy bills for residence verification. SHould have on wed-thurs

Top Bottom