• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Hey, if you can vote with a library card?
    Tx has negotiated out-of-state gun purchase ID ok with other states, has NY?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No, but using the wrong ones will ruin it.
    I am not an FFL, but have acted as the FFL rep for 2 different Walmarts and been the Responsible Person for one of them. Sold guns under an FFL at walmart for almost 20 years and talked to and interacted acted with them many times. I was also the one that straightened out their A&D books and records after previous RPs screwed them up and lost books and forms. This was from a failed audit of previous RPs. When I was done, they were very happy.
    So yeah, just a tiny bit of experience as an FFL.

As far as my advice in this or any other thread, or forum or real life for that matter, anyone that wishes is free to disregard it at anytime. No skin off me. I am not the one that will pay for it. Not my decision. It is theirs. Real simple.
    Anyone that thinks I don't know anything at all, well, that is their choice too.
    We can't all be as smart as you.

And you are back again!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Tx has negotiated out-of-state gun purchase ID ok with other states, has NY?

Hey good point. OP did not say what state he comes from. But many of the NE states he cannot buy a longgun in Texas even as an out-of-state resident. And after the SS/Academy lawsuit, lots of FFLs are reluctant to sell to an out of stater.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Hey good point. OP did not say what state he comes from. But many of the NE states he cannot buy a longgun in Texas even as an out-of-state resident. And after the SS/Academy lawsuit, lots of FFLs are reluctant to sell to an out of stater.
    I think this is the very first thing you have posed that I agree with.
    As far as I know, the only thing keeping out of state residents from buying in Texas are the laws in their home state. Not Texas law.
    And after that lawsuit, unfortunately, a lot of places that don't really understand the process really well are afraid to chance an out of state sale.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think this is the very first thing you have posed that I agree with.
    As far as I know, the only thing keeping out of state residents from buying in Texas are the laws in their home state. Not Texas law.
    And after that lawsuit, unfortunately, a lot of places that don't really understand the process really well are afraid to chance an out of state sale.

See, common ground.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Sitting in the corner shaking is damned head....

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    tenor (51).gif

Attachments

• tenor (51).gif
      tenor (51).gif
      170.6 KB · Views: 356
    Top Bottom