• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think they just figure Bump Fire was low hanging fruit so they would throw it out there and be able to say "see, we did something to help", still not understanding that the left will never be satisfied.

They are trying to play politics and cut losses. I see the game, but it's a losing strategy.
    Military Camp

Dirt n Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I don't make a habit of promoting or defending the NRA but...their statement only recommended that the ATF should reevaluate the bump fire stock. They never said congress should look into legislation. They also said that congress needs to get off their butts and pass national reciprocity.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I don't make a habit of promoting or defending the NRA but...their statement only recommended that the ATF should reevaluate the bump fire stock. They never said congress should look into legislation. They also said that congress needs to get off their butts and pass national reciprocity.

I totally support national carry law but in this case alone. I highly doubt someone could've stopped him. He shot 200 times at a security guard alone...200!!! It would've been suicide to charge him or go after him
    IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah well the NRA just lost a member here.

But it ain't just bump stocks here. It ain't just binary triggers or cranks. The way Swinestein's bill is currently drafted, and I realize it can be changed, any modification to the fire control group can be viewed as increasing the ,as yet undefined, ROF of a semiautomatic rifle, whatever that is. That's your Geisseles's. That's your Timney's. That your modified stock triggers.

This bill is shit and the NRA supports it. Unbelievable.
    That isn't true at all. The NRA is trying to avoid the bill getting voted on at all, which is a good thing.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think they just figure Bump Fire was low hanging fruit so they would throw it out there and be able to say "see, we did something to help", still not understanding that the left will never be satisfied.

They are trying to play politics and cut losses. I see the game, but it's a losing strategy.
    They are trying to curb any legislation by keeping it out of Congress. Pretty good tactic if you ask me.

If the ATF keeps control of the bump fire issue then there will be no need for a ban from Congress.

If nothing else, the ATF will drag their feet long enough for the mass hysteria to die down before a bill is put up for vote. We do not want Congress ramming a law through with emotions in such an elevated level. We will lose that battle.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    1fb70a522da1c6b7d85d9c8eb00fc62b.png

Quick back story: Dan is a social media celebrity that thinks he's tough, he filmed himself running from the concert and claims he went back to help later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The frenzy is in full swing. $400 Echo triggers are now worth nearly $1000 more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171005-234053.png
      Screenshot_20171005-234053.png
      84.1 KB · Views: 157

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    They are trying to curb any legislation by keeping it out of Congress. Pretty good tactic if you ask me.

If the ATF keeps control of the bump fire issue then there will be no need for a ban from Congress.

If nothing else, the ATF will drag their feet long enough for the mass hysteria to die down before a bill is put up for vote. We do not want Congress ramming a law through with emotions in such an elevated level. We will lose that battle.
    I am in agreement with all of this, especially since congress likely would other items to the bill.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am in agreement with all of this, especially since congress likely would other items to the bill.
    Exactly and thank you.

As the current bill reads to ban any modification to allow a firearm to shoot faster than stock (as I take it), that can effect ANY firearm. ARs to single action black powder revolvers will be affected.

We need to keep Congress away from this issue and that is what the NRA is trying to do.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yeah well if that's their strategy, it sucks.

All they've done is sent a signal to everyone that "hey, even the NRA thinks bump stocks should be illegal".

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    While all of you "armchair" politicians are jumping on the NRA just remember. They did not come out in favor of a law, they came out in favor of ATF reevaluating them. BIG DIFFERENCE.

But the biggest thing is the NRA has been playing the Washington politics game for a LONG time and knows better than any of you how to play it. Over the years they have a very good track record of 2A victories. 20 years ago how many states had concealed carry?

Now my 2 cents worth on the other groups since everybody is into conspiracy theory. Why do you think the NRA has the political pull they do, simple, membership. A large and very active membership. The anti-gun folks know this. How would be the best way to defeat them? Drain their membership! How? Create a bunch of splinter groups. Think that one over a bit.

Politicians are all about getting re-elected and pay close attention to NUMBERS

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm open to these opinions on the NRAs gameplan. Not going to agree with them under the conditions put forth.

The NRA also has a history of giving high ratings to polititions who aren't so gun friendly and ignoring some pretty important gun related issues.

The biggest thing the NRA does for the 2A is scan bills and send alerts when some anti gun crap is hidden in an unrelated bill.

Top Bottom