• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I have been trying like crazy to find a good private outdoor range. I live in Sugar land and I am willing to drive about 50 to 60 miles if needed.

It seems that most of the private clubs are near impossible to get into and have no real process of actually getting on any kind of waiting list.

Does anyone know of any private outdoor ranges that are actually looking for members ? I am really surprised that I cannot seem to find any.
    Lynx Defense

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Having a fair deal of time at both Bayou Rifles and PSC, I'd strongly recommend PSC.

Its not perfect, its a PITA to get in, etc., but again, it is far superior to the other option.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pearland Shooting Club (PSC)

Get on their waiting list and ultimately they'll be an opening to join.

They have a wide variety of well maintained ranges with a very nice bunch of folks who run it. It's considered one of the finest ranges in the country per the NRA.

They have a site, look them up.

I got on the list a few years ago and within 6 months was able to join when they had openings.

It' relatively inexpensive too, though I don't recall the exact cost it's under $200.00 annually, with a one time cost initiation
    fee (I think that's what it's called, but don't recall that cost either, but it's affordable)

No limit of how many guns you care to shoot, or for how long, stay all day if you want, but when you attend their orientation class they'll fill you in on the do's and don'ts which are quite reasonable.

yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    The problem I find is that many of these places are for competition shooting which is really not for me or they have no real clear direction on when or how you can actually join. Just looking for a laid back place to shoot outdoors 2 or 3 times a month that wont break the bank.

yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Do you have to be a competition shooter ?

Pearland Shooting Club (PSC)

Get on their waiting list and ultimately they'll be an opening to join.

They have a wide variety of well maintained ranges with a very nice bunch of folks who run it. It's considered one of the finest ranges in the country per the NRA.

They have a site, look them up.

I got on the list a few years ago and within 6 months was able to join when they had openings.

It' relatively inexpensive too, though I don't recall the exact cost it's under $200.00 annually, with a one time cost initiation
    fee (I think that's what it's called, but don't recall that cost either, but it's affordable)

No limit of how many guns you care to shoot, or for how long, stay all day if you want, but when you attend their orientation class they'll fill you in on the do's and don'ts which are quite reasonable.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    yetiking,

No, not at all.

They do have competitions generally on week-ends, but that doesn't interfere with most of the ranges.

The one time initiation and annual fee are the complete cost. That's it for cost.

When you join they issue you a badge and a key-less remote access card for the gate.

There are no range officers You and the other shooters take care of range discipline i.e. One shooter agrees to be the R.O. and he makes sure everyone agrees to stop shooting to put up targets and no one touches a gun until all are back from hanging up their targets.

This is a fairly big operation as it covers over 50 acres.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    yetiking,

No, not at all.

They do have competitions generally on week-ends, but that doesn't interfere with most of the ranges.

The one time initiation and annual fee are the complete cost. That's it for cost.

When you join they issue you a badge and a key-less remote access card for the gate.

There are no range officers You and the other shooters take care of range discipline i.e. One shooter agrees to be the R.O. and he makes sure everyone agrees to stop shooting to put up targets and no one touches a gun until all are back from hanging up their targets.

This is a fairly big operation as it covers over 50 acres.

Hmmmm... Might be worth the drive from Spring for me. I'm going to look into this. Thanks!

huffmanite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Huffman
    Bay Area Shooting Club, located about a mile off hwy 90 east, just past Crosby. Website is basctx.com. However, it takes new members only around August each year. This is after they've closed renewals for previous year members. Club has about 600 members and may limit new membership to a number matching those that did not renew. On their website, one should be able to put their name on the waiting list for membership.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    These are the private gun ranges I can remember off the top of my head. Only Impact zone allows machine guns.

Bay Area Shooting Club - Crosby area - I'm currently a member
    Bayou Rifles - South Houston/West Houston - I dropped my membership when I moved to Humble in 1998
    Pearland Shooting Club - pearland - never been there
    Impact Zone - way west of Houston - I have friends that are members

As far as I know all of them are currently closed on membership though there are waiting list.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have been trying like crazy to find a good private outdoor range. I live in Sugar land and I am willing to drive about 50 to 60 miles if needed.

It seems that most of the private clubs are near impossible to get into and have no real process of actually getting on any kind of waiting list.

Does anyone know of any private outdoor ranges that are actually looking for members ? I am really surprised that I cannot seem to find any.

Sorry I can't help but wouldn't it be nice to have a forum dedicated to an idea of having ranges and their info listed on a regular basis? It would keep you from having to scour a zillion threads just to get some old outdated info yes?

Top Bottom