• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Maybe I should give Cedar Ridge another try?
    It’s been some time since shooting there.
    I had a run in with the original owner guy when he walked out BEHIND me on a hot range. He proceeded to jump down my throat saying I was trying to kill him. No one called cold range. He just walked out. I guess I should of had my ESP hat on that day.
    Let me know when you go. I will try to meet you out there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Honestly, you guys are better off at lonestar. Cedar ridge isn't that great. I have a friend who lives 3 miles from there so I've met him there a couple times. I'm not a fan.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    I just go to Ferris for reloading supplies.
    The son and lady were always nice and got me whatever I needed. Been on their call list for stuff too and they did call when they had what I asked for.
    Never used their range though.
    I mostly shoot on friends properties now but I do go from time to time to Bullet Hole just because it’s close to where I live. I feel feel like I’m being punished there for stupid stuff that other people do (like no ar pistols on 100 because of guys shooting there before without sights on guns) when I tell them I hunt pigs to 200 yards with that gun and thermal they say they don’t care, rules are rules.
    I try to go week days now because you rarely get anyone on the range and the RSO didn’t come to sit on your back.

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    How are they inept. They're close to me and was thinking of trying them out.
    New to the area, I went a few weeks ago for the first time. I really hope to never go back. It was a total cluster. Nice folks but seemed totally over whelmed.
    I'm just trying to find a place for sane 50 yard bench rest rimfire practice. Apparently unobtanium. After reading this thread maybe I'll schlep over to Lonestar one day.
    Still on the search for a home on acreage in the hill country to get back to relaxed shooting

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Not enforcing range safety rules (shooters handling firearms while the range is cold, gangbangers holding Glocks sideways, other obvious buffoonery which normally would get people tossed), then a good friend of mine who bought annual family memberships there was told he could not collect his own brass after shooting (they claimed it belonged to them), then the final straw was one of their employees nearly ran my son and I over in the parking lot, then had the audacity to yell at us about it. I told him he could go self-fornicate and proceeded to shred my range ID when I got him.

The place has always attracted suspicious characters, and I never felt safe there. We started shooting at Camp Bullis (must be a DoD ID card holder or accompanied by one) and realized how dangerous and a shit hole the Bullet Hole really was!

I wouldn't piss on the place even if it was on fire!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Not enforcing range safety rules (shooters handling firearms while the range is cold, gangbangers holding Glocks sideways, other obvious buffoonery which normally would get people tossed), then a good friend of mine who bought annual family memberships there was told he could not collect his own brass after shooting (they claimed it belonged to them), then the final straw was one of their employees nearly ran my son and I over in the parking lot, then had the audacity to yell at us about it. I told him he could go self-fornicate and proceeded to shred my range ID when I got him.

The place has always attracted suspicious characters, and I never felt safe there. We started shooting at Camp Bullis (must be a DoD ID card holder or accompanied by one) and realized how dangerous and a shit hole the Bullet Hole really was!

I wouldn't piss on the place even if it was on fire!
    Wasn't that the place where someone got shot on the golf course next door by a stray bullet?

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Wasn't that the place where someone got shot on the golf course next door by a stray bullet?

It’s been years so I could be incorrect but I believe Bullet Hole was where an employee discharged a firearm inside the building and struck someone outside.

A Place to Shoot was accused of guests shooting off the property.

Again, these incidents were years ago so I could be incorrect about the facts.

Doofus

Just a doofus…really
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2022
    San Antonio
    I tried them several times over the years. ROs either over the top gung-ho treating you like an idiot, or no where in sight and idiots waving guns all over the place. I wanted to like the establishment…it was really close to where I use to live a while back. You just never knew who might end up next to you function checking their firearm and pointing it straight down the firing line.

I don’t know if it was inept or maybe me just being dramatic…but I go other places now even if they are more expensive.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I shot at BulletHole many years ago and sorry to hear it has gone downhill. They ran a pistol league one evening a week with very imaginative targets. One of the best was shooting at a range of three feet! Target was a sheet of paper with copies of coins, dimes up to quarters. Try it, not easy!!!

I am in the Austin area now and several years ago stopped by just to check it out and say Hi. On the pistol range a guy was showing his gun to his SO, waving all over the place while the RO stood a dozen feet away just watching. I left immediately!!!!

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    I shot at BulletHole many years ago and sorry to hear it has gone downhill. They ran a pistol league one evening a week with very imaginative targets. One of the best was shooting at a range of three feet! Target was a sheet of paper with copies of coins, dimes up to quarters. Try it, not easy!!!

I am in the Austin area now and several years ago stopped by just to check it out and say Hi. On the pistol range a guy was showing his gun to his SO, waving all over the place while the RO stood a dozen feet away just watching. I left immediately!!!!

I used to shoot with you in that league!

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Great to see you are still around also! All is well for an old fart, just turned 75. Those days seem like a lifetime ago! Out near Taylor on an acre. Power out past few days but running a generator. Got lots of cleanup to do! Where are you these days?

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    Great to see you are still around also! All is well for an old fart, just turned 75. Those days seem like a lifetime ago! Out near Taylor on an acre. Power out past few days but running a generator. Got lots of cleanup to do! Where are you these days?

Corpus, with a very odd life. Ill send a PM.

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    Thank you all for your candid experiences at ranges here. I just moved from Utah, and y'all are making me miss the sheer number of solid ranges back there, plus the fact that there was BLM land 25 minutes away even if you lived in the city. I have some steel targets that I'm not even sure I'll be able to use here. I guess I need to make friends with someone that has a range on some private land!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I don’t usually enjoy being treated like a child.
    Sounds like the Dietz range west of New Braunfels, north of SA.
    The last time I was there, a year or two ago, the only way I could keep old mother Hubberd range-nazi from looking over my shoulder, was to put away the 10/22, and start shooting my .308 AR with a really loud brake on it.
    All the time a gang-banger looking kid was perforating other people's targets with Glock in some sort of snap on frame.
    When I moved over to the pistol range, he hit my paper also, so I stood up, and somewhat loudly asked him if I could shoot at his target too. His friend kind of hustled him out of there, and the woman with a couple of kids thanked me, stated he was shooting their targets also.
    20-20 hind sight, I should have asked her to lunch.
    I keep wondering if she was into reloading, or cleaning weapons...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thank you all for your candid experiences at ranges here. I just moved from Utah, and y'all are making me miss the sheer number of solid ranges back there, plus the fact that there was BLM land 25 minutes away even if you lived in the city. I have some steel targets that I'm not even sure I'll be able to use here. I guess I need to make friends with someone that has a range on some private land!

Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom