• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bruced

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    DFW
    Hi folks- are there any outdoor gun ranges close to North Dallas? I figure there's a large demand there but haven't found much. I'm tired of the indoor gig with the thousands of rules that go along with them.
    Lynx Defense

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    See the Stickies for Dallas & Fort Worth. The map shows pins, click on those.

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Fossil Pointe Shooting Grounds (north of Denton). 100 and 200 yard ranges. Plus they have 800 yards range that are open every other weekend. Check their website.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've never been to Armadillo but a coworker uses that range. If I recall, it's not long range for rifle. You shoot through a tube so your shot stays in the range. I don't know the distance but I don't believe it's near 100 yards.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Too much construction for longevity. Neighborhoods would be around any range built there within 5 years.

Plus the land prices in that area wouldn't be feasible unless you're willing to pay a few grand for an annual membership with a very step price for range time. Yes, it would be like the old TI gun range in Allen years ago. Eventually the farm land was sold and houses built. Then home owners complained about stray bullets and noise so it was closed, abated and turned into a park.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    I've never been to Armadillo but a coworker uses that range. If I recall, it's not long range for rifle. You shoot through a tube so your shot stays in the range. I don't know the distance but I don't believe it's near 100 yards.

Rifle range has lanes for 50 yd and 100 yd. A longer range is in the plans.

bruced

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    DFW
    It would have to be unincorporated land. If it got that busy, I'm sure the high prices for the land would make for an easy sale.

geronimo509

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    DFW
    Fossil Pointe Shooting Grounds (north of Denton). 100 and 200 yard ranges. Plus they have 800 yards range that are open every other weekend. Check their website.

I need to check them out too. 200 yards is no problem, but I haven't shot over 300 yards since the army.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Hey thanks for sharing. Didn't know about them and I am not that far away. Ugh that means I've been spending too much time at the indoor ranges again.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    At the recent BigTown gun show we stopped and talked with the owner of Lonestar Gun Club. They're in Mesquite and have a 600 yard range. I've never been there so I have no recs for them but the owner seemed like a good guy. Might be worth contact them/him to see if they have day passes, just saying.

www.lonestargunclub.com

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Hey thanks for sharing. Didn't know about them and I am not that far away. Ugh that means I've been spending too much time at the indoor ranges again.
    I'm done with Frisco Gun Club. Fossile Pointe and Elm Fork from now on. Fortunately I reload and don't shot much FMJ anymore.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm done with Frisco Gun Club. Fossile Pointe and Elm Fork from now on. Fortunately I reload and don't shot much FMJ anymore.

I'm not going to slow down on the FMJ I shoot. Just need to keep a closer eye on these ranges that seem to change their minds like they do their diapers.

Elwood51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    I went to the Frisco Gun Club yesterday (a Thursday) at 11AM, there was a 3 HOUR wait for the rifle range. WTF?? Great to have a nice range so close to home, sucks you can never get in.

Top Bottom