• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think that this topic is relevant?

• No. Astigmatism is too difficult to deal with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've had astigmatism all my life. I had to get glasses for my learners permit at 15 but passed the eye exam at 16 then failed every year since. No problem with red dots. But my eyesight has actually improved over the years. My last exam, I only had a .25 correction so I could probably pass my eye exam once again after the better part of 40 years. I shoot without glasses and my only real issue is trying to read tiny print.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Krieger, you need to continue, comprehend, and respond to the email between you and the board management.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I may be wrong. You may be completely correct.

I would just share that I was in the United States' Army Special Operations for 14 years.

From my experience as a Special Forces Solider, I can tell you, when you're wearing glasses in combat, in Afghanistan, sweat will fall from your brow and from your face onto your lenses.

When this happens, and it will happen, the sweat on your lenses diminishes your ability to see effectively through your lenses and thus creates a... dangerous issue in shooting as you can't see clearly through your lenses.

I can further share with you that during my career as a Special Forces Soldier, I was assigned to a water infiltration team. From my personal experience I learned that when you're swimming and come out of the water, that if you're wearing glasses, the water on your lenses will diminish your ability to see effectively through your lenses and you can't see clearly through your lenses and this is a dangerous issue.

Again, you may be right. I may be wrong. I'm only sharing my experience from 14 years in Army Special Operations Command and another 10 as a contractor in the security and defense industry.

-Krieger
    Good lord. We get it your a super spec ops commando. Also violating rules of the forum it appears.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I may be wrong. You may be completely correct.

I would just share that I was in the United States' Army Special Operations for 14 years.

From my experience as a Special Forces Solider, I can tell you, when you're wearing glasses in combat, in Afghanistan, sweat will fall from your brow and from your face onto your lenses.

When this happens, and it will happen, the sweat on your lenses diminishes your ability to see effectively through your lenses and thus creates a... dangerous issue in shooting as you can't see clearly through your lenses.

I can further share with you that during my career as a Special Forces Soldier, I was assigned to a water infiltration team. From my personal experience I learned that when you're swimming and come out of the water, that if you're wearing glasses, the water on your lenses will diminish your ability to see effectively through your lenses and you can't see clearly through your lenses and this is a dangerous issue.

Again, you may be right. I may be wrong. I'm only sharing my experience from 14 years in Army Special Operations Command and another 10 as a contractor in the security and defense industry.

-Krieger
    Some of us don't have the option not to wear them.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    astigmatism is anything that distorts your vision that is NOT a focus problem. Focus problem is when the image is NOT right at the retina. Toric lens replacements (cataract surgery) do a reasonable job but the astig will probably come back with time. The cornea can be scraped to remove 'bumps' but as living tissue it will return. Not just a problem for 'red dots' but iron as well. Proper scope focus will help, I have to use them on rifles.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    The surface of my eyes changed and I can no longer wear contacts. I’ve had to go to glasses. Fortunately, my eyesight is good enough to function without glasses if necessary.

Reactions: gll

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Odd. The actual “operators” I know, am related to, and have met and worked with have never opened conservations with their “credentials”
    I mean if he is then good for him, but I don't see the need to mention it 4 times in one post. I find that very odd.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Odd. The actual “operators” I know, am related to, and have met and worked with have never opened conservations with their “credentials”
    Read the bio page on their website and let me know how you view a group who presents themselves in that way.

Seriously. I'll keep my impressions to myself because I'd like to know your honest first impression.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I mean if he is then good for him, but I don't see the need to mention it 4 times in one post. I find that very odd.
    I agree, I know several Special Forces men ( mainly Viet Nam Era, some Sand Box) and you would never know if you hadn't been friends with them for many years

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A Seal opened up to me one day. It was a surprise. Although in hindsight, less so. Don't think he ever told anyone else in the company.

In Nam he was the only one to return unscathed on more than one occasion.

Reactions: gll

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Read the bio page on their website and let me know how you view a group who presents themselves in that way.

Seriously. I'll keep my impressions to myself because I'd like to know your honest first impression.

Not Hoji - but I looked at the bio pages and if real - its an impressive group - but I've yet to see any mainstream trainers, even known "operators" who list their resume' like that.

There are some points on a few of them that move the needle on the BS sniffer - maybe they're being purposefully vague, but if you have to be vague, why list something?

I looked at the couse catalog too - and for a company that has a cellular security course - they need to re-read their web pages, because one of the courses says to register via Facebook, or by email - but they don't give a real email, only what appears to be a domain name.

I'm genuinely interested in the topic, because I wear glasses myself, and while I haven't been diagnosed with astigmatism, my dad has, and I believe my son has as well (I have to review his last eye exam notes to be sure)

I don't see stars except on janky, cheap dots. I do think holographic sights tend to be crisper.

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin
    Some of us don't have the option not to wear them.

oldag, that's a great point. I should have clarified regarding that point. If you're far sighted you would have the option to not wear glasses, or corrective glasses or corrective lenses and thus the technique of using a bright or more distinguishable portion of the red dot's comma or star would be possible.

Again, your point is noted and valid.

Respectfully,

Krieger

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin
    Not Hoji - but I looked at the bio pages and if real - its an impressive group - but I've yet to see any mainstream trainers, even known "operators" who list their resume' like that.

There are some points on a few of them that move the needle on the BS sniffer - maybe they're being purposefully vague, but if you have to be vague, why list something?

I looked at the couse catalog too - and for a company that has a cellular security course - they need to re-read their web pages, because one of the courses says to register via Facebook, or by email - but they don't give a real email, only what appears to be a domain name.

I'm genuinely interested in the topic, because I wear glasses myself, and while I haven't been diagnosed with astigmatism, my dad has, and I believe my son has as well (I have to review his last eye exam notes to be sure)

I don't see stars except on janky, cheap dots. I do think holographic sights tend to be crisper.

Hello,

I completely understand your apprehension regarding the group of personnel. Please allow me to share a few thoughts with you.

SEGUE TO TRAIN THE POPULACE
    I was able to meet these individuals. At the time that I met them, there was no organized way for them to provide training to the populace. The company that they now work with provided a means for them to interact and train the American populace. There are actually more personnel than the ones listed.

VAGUE
    Some things are vague out of necesity. Such as names. If you notice every one uses a call sign. That is for their protection as many of them are still operational. If there is anything that you would like clarification on, please let me know and I will do my best to clarify.

CYBER / NEED TO RE-DO OUR FB AND WEBSITE
    I really appreciate the information here. You are absolutely correct. We are actually tactical personnel and cyber as far as encrypted communications personnel.... Website, Facebook and Instagram - Way outside of our wheelhouse! If you or anyone else can help us here... please do! We'd be supremely gratfeful.

If you're interested in an encrypted communications class or how to protect your devices from compromise, I would easily argue that we have the most robust methods or anyone in the world. The reason why is simple... That's how we communicate with one another, our friends and our families and we want to keep them all safe... So... We developed our TTPs. Again, If you're interested I can send you our curriculum as in the topics that we teach and you may review them and give us your thoughts.

SEEING STARS
    You don't see stars because you don't have astigmatism. I did.. I did from 2013 until very recently. I had to actually teach myself a technique that worked that did not require various (expensive) optics or shooting glasses or the like because they all have inherent failure points.

SUMMARY
    Again, I do understand your thoughts. For any group to have the bios that we have... not likely... unless there is someone with a vision to bring all of these people together for the benefit of people like you and those that read the these blogs that are looking for people like us.

Finally, Sept 11, 2021 we will be at LoneStar Range in Florence, Tx. Please feel free to come meet us. Then you'll know for sure whether those bios are real or made up.

Thank you,

Very Respectfully,

Krieger
    Survive. Fight. Win. Return With Honor.

Last edited:

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin

VIOLATON
    Thank you for noting that we violated the forum's rules. I reached out to Kevin to see how we can become sponsors so that we're no longer violating the rules. We want to avoid that.

I also re-wrote and re-posted the articles with no links and no mentions regarding an entity.

It is our desire to be compliant and to build a positive relationship with the subscribers here, not to alienate them.

Again, thank you for the note regarding the violation. I'm working diligently to repair that deficiency.

-Krieger
    Surive. Fight. Win. Return With Honor.

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin
    Krieger, you need to continue, comprehend, and respond to the email between you and the board management.

beneglish,

I appreciate this message. I reached out to Kevin some days ago, and today as well. I am working on repairing my deficiency regarding the forum's rules. Forum writing is a bit new to me. It is my intent to be completely compliant.

Again, thank you very much. I am grateful for the correction.

-Krieger

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin
    Good lord. We get it your a super spec ops commando. Also violating rules of the forum it appears.

I was not trying to be arrogant. The response was sent as a reply to someone who simply stated to me, "You are wrong. I've never had a problem."

My apology if that came off as over the top. Not my intention.

-Krieger

Krieger

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Austin
    The surface of my eyes changed and I can no longer wear contacts. I’ve had to go to glasses. Fortunately, my eyesight is good enough to function without glasses if necessary.

Mongoose,

I appreciate your message. I was very near-sighted. I needed contacts or glasses to see to engage even at 100 yards. Unfortunately for me, contacts nor glasses fixes my astigmatism.

By the way, I've started a new series named, "The End Of The World As We Know It." I'll be discussing mindset, training, equipment etc.

You may find it interesting. The post can be found here: https://www.texasguntalk.com/thread...–-part-2-infrared-beacon.106735/#post-2384113

Top Bottom