• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    You are taking the word of a group that has not testing procedures or proof that it was tested at all - AND they condone and encourage PERJURY!!!!!!!

THEY COULD BE (and probably are) LYING.....

On top of that, I have seen an AK double tap with a broken disconnector spring. No biggie, guy replaced it and the gun went back to normal - it was a defect that was discovered and fixed. According to the BATFE's words, that would be machinegun "no matter the cause". This is a very destructive precident.

Besides, didn't they test it once and find the weapon not a machinegun? Sounds like they didn't get the answer they wanted so they tested until they got what they wanted......

They have proven yet again that you will not get a fair trial by you peers, this will have "unintended consquences" for sure......you sound to me like just another state apologist.
    Gun Zone Deals

DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    Ignore facts and hate your government all you want, I don't care. Now everyone can decide for themselves rather than only know one narrow point of view.

Again you assume you know anything about my knowledge on the subject, disregarding what I've said on the subject. You sir need to work on your reading comprehension.

BTW, do you work for the BATF? Sounds like you do.

They made a preliminary firing of the weapon and it fired on three round burst three times before jamming. Even I can tell you that is a machine gun.

WRONG. They made TWO test firings of the weapon. The first of which they could not get the rifle to go full auto. It was only after they switched the ammo by suggestion of Keeku If I remember correctly, to the soft primer ammo that THE MANUFACTURER WARNS ABOUT AND SAYS NOT TO USE that they could get it to repeat fire.

Not only that, but, because they got a gun-grabbing, leftist judge on the case, he permitted an injunction that kept the defense from showing that evidence to the jury.

NOT ONLY THAT, but the BATF would not allow the neutral weapons expert, Savage I believe, to breakdown and inspect the weapon. Now why would they do that? Why would they PAY someone to testify against Olofson? Why are there numerous, numerous accounts of this Agency planting evidence, modifying weapons to get desired results, etc etc? Why?

Because they are the Jack-booted Thugs they have been called before. It's because they "Think Forfeiture" Before they "Think Freedom" (look that mess up, or you probably know about it already since you're so informed.)

You can accuse me of fear mongering, of hating my government, or really anything you want, but there is a reason that it is so widely accepted that they use a Japanese-justice mentality. Guilty until proven Guilty; there is no innocent.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    First let me say the law is unconstitutional and if I were on the jury he would have gotten off on jury nullification. Having said that, I have read the ARF thread posted by the subject that got arrested and in that thread he admits he committed a felony and broke the law. Now he does not say that out right but if you read what he wrote you will see it if you know the law.

They defended the case saying that the original manufacturer of the rifle sold the gun (and others like it) with M16 parts in it except for an AR15 selector. ATF told the manufacturer (Olympic) to recall the guns and put AR15 parts in them. Apparently the gun in question was never returned for the recall. Ok so far but here is where the guy basically confesses to breaking the law. He says in his post that he had replaced every component of the trigger group at some point in the rifle's life due to wear. If this is the case, then he installed M16 components into the gun knowingly and can not blame it on the original manufacturer. He had assembled AR15s previously so he knew the difference but he still installed M16 parts into the gun. He had to also knowingly order those parts since no parts supplier I know of will send you M16 trigger group parts and selector when you order them for a semi AR15. The ATF has long ago issued a ruling that M16 trigger group components and selector constitutes a machine gun and therefore is illegal if not registered. This guy knew of that ruling and knowingly broke it. Do the crime expect to do the time.

ATF not having established testing guidelines is BS as well is the 1986 and 1934 laws concerning MG as well as almost every gun law in this nation but until they are struck down you take place your freedom in jeopardy if you decide to break them.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Ah, another person actually aware of jury nullification - judges HATE that.....good to have you among us!

Ok, I read the whole trigger parts thing and here's my take:

The original manufacturer put those parts in at the factory, later recalled them. Now, while it is STUPID to put M-16 parts in a gun, replacing components with identical ones supplied from the factory is not a just reason to send someone to federal prison. Also, I have come across many late-production Colt AR's that have M-16 bolts in them from the factory, so what does that tell you? On top of that, all the M-16 parts in the world would be usless without an auto-sear and the necessary extra hole in the receiver which WOULD constitute without a doubt illegal manufacture.

Add to all this the fact that the firearm would not function full auto until IMPROPER AND DANGEROUS AMMUNITION was used. This is like putting diesel in my car and then suing the manufacturer because the gasoline-based engine was ruined. You can potentially make any floating-firing pin semi-auto rifle go full auto......or at least randomly double-tap using soft or pistol primers. This is extremely dangerous though as out-of-battery detonation is possible and can be deadly.

Add to this already huge pile of excrement we call "due process" the fact that the testing procedures do not exist. This is a huge deal when we consider that the answers from the FTB are used as evidence in court. Plus, the event is not recorded in any way - so there really is no proof that it was done properly or done at all. We also don't know what modifications the FTB made to the gun once they took possesion. They were caught in the Glover case using wrong ammunition and the guy that decided it was a "machinegun" had not even dissasembled the weapon AT ALL. In the Wren case, they used an external device to make it go full auto.......let that sink in.......they broke their own law to convert a rifle to full-auto to convict a guy of converting a gun to full-auto.......how perverse is that?!?!?!

No, the thugs from the F-troop are not your friends, they are enemies of liberty. Most of them should be tried for treason.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Well it did not have a M16 selector in it at any time and it was not improper ammo just factory commercial ammo vs military ammo. The factory commercial ammo typically has softer primers and will fire on a hammer follow with a M16 bolt carrier. And yes it is dangerous but your are trying to use logic with a bureaucracy that got a 1919A4 to fire 2 shots in a row with duct tape and cardboard for the right side plate of a receiver.

FWIW Colt has a letter from ATF on the use of M16 carriers and that seems not to be a problem IF it is the only M16 part in the gun. He can argue it every way but he still knows he was breaking the law and is now trying to feign ignorance.

The laws are BS but you take the risk when you break them.

BTW I'm never been stupid enough to lend a gun to someone. The only time I'll let anyone handle my guns is if I there or it is at the gunsmith. Its a good rule to follow.

DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    Even if you go along with that logic, thats not what he was charged for. He was charged for transferring a Machine Gun, which as was said before, it wasn't a Machine Gun when he transferred it. How do you answer that?

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Even if you go along with that logic, thats not what he was charged for. He was charged for transferring a Machine Gun, which as was said before, it wasn't a Machine Gun when he transferred it. How do you answer that?

Yes it was considered a MG by ATF's interpretations of the laws as soon as he installed the M16 trigger group in it. So when he gave it to another to use, it was an illegal transfer since it was not registered. He can't be charged with possession of an unregistered MG because the did not catch him with it, hence the transfer charge.

I don't support their logic, just trying to explain as best I can within the limits of my knowledge.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ah, another person actually aware of jury nullification - judges HATE that.....good to have you among us!

I recently learned about that little known, useful legal "tool". It's an excellent one to say the least. If only more people new about it.

Top Bottom