• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Most pistols will shoot +p without any problems. I would check my manual. Most of my pistols say that +p is fine, but it will decrease the life of the gun. A couple of them specifically state that you should not shoot +p rounds in them.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I don't see any need in .45 acp. 9mm is a high pressure load already but 380 would probably benefit from it for SD. I guess 9mm would too to a certain extent. Whether a pistol will tolerate it or not depends on the pistol and date of manufacture. I wouldn't run +p in oh say a pistol from the 70's or earlier and mayber even from the mid 80's.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I run the Hornady TAPs in my 1911, and they are +P rated.... granted I dont run them through regularly, maybe once a month or so... I also run +P through my Steyr once in a blue moon....

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    i wouldnt put +p in a glock

Depends on the model. The G17 is built for the abuse and can handle +P just fine. Routine use of +P+ will wear it out eventually.

I believe that Glock rates all of their models for at least +P, but my experience is with the G17 and G21.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    +P is fine for just about every modern pistol, and generally the ones that aren't are good about letting you know in the manual, or will not be marked +P (revolvers).

Glocks are just fine with +P loads.

Your STI and XD both are good with +P. If you plan to run a solid diet of +P through a 1911 then you'd probably want to install a frame buffer (at minimum), or increase the recoil spring weight to reduce frame battering. Especially if you have an aluminum frame 1911 since it is considerably softer than the steel slide.

Glocks, XDs, etc. are all polymer frame which absorbs alot of the shock from the slide. They don't need any modifications for a steady diet of +P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    +P is fine for just about every modern pistol, and generally the ones that aren't are good about letting you know in the manual, or will not be marked +P (revolvers).

Glocks are just fine with +P loads.

Your STI and XD both are good with +P. If you plan to run a solid diet of +P through a 1911 then you'd probably want to install a frame buffer (at minimum), or increase the recoil spring weight to reduce frame battering. Especially if you have an aluminum frame 1911 since it is considerably softer than the steel slide.

Glocks, XDs, etc. are all polymer frame which absorbs alot of the shock from the slide. They don't need any modifications for a steady diet of +P

Awesome!
    Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom