• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I pretty much settled on Speer GDHP 124gr +P for my personal defense and carry loads. I know that these are no problem with my USP9 and the HK manual expressly states that +P is OK. However, the P30 manual does not recommend +P loads.

Since I am still breaking in the P30 (only ~150 rounds so far), I have not put any +P through it. Any opinions or experience with +P in a P30?
    Military Camp

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's fine, I put +P+ through mine on top of a diet of other +P loads.

HK is going to put whatever they can to avoid being sued in the manual. The gun will eat thousands of rounds of +P and even has a buffer in the recoil spring assembly.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It is my understanding that the P30, HK45/C and many of the USP variants were tested at the factory (during their endurance testing) with thousands of rounds of +P. I think the recommendation against it is more a CYA thing, but judging by everything else I've seen it sounds like pretty much any USP variant is GTG with +P and a relatively steady diet of it as well.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    It's fine, I put +P+ through mine on top of a diet of other +P loads.

HK is going to put whatever they can to avoid being sued in the manual. The gun will eat thousands of rounds of +P and even has a buffer in the recoil spring assembly.

Cool. I figured the P30 could physically take it, but the difference in the manual language was odd to me since these are both date code AI guns.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    It is my understanding that the P30, HK45/C and many of the USP variants were tested at the factory (during their endurance testing) with thousands of rounds of +P. I think the recommendation against it is more a CYA thing, but judging by everything else I've seen it sounds like pretty much any USP variant is GTG with +P and a relatively steady diet of it as well.

thanks HK_Fiend

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Does it actually say +P is not recommended, or does it not say anything at all?

My "P Series Operator's Manual " says that it was "Revised April 2007" at the bottom of the title page. On page 18 at the end of Section 4 "Ammunition" it says and I quote:

"NOTE: Use of +P and +P+ ammunition accelerates wear and reduces the service life on the component parts of any pistol, including the P Series pistols, and is not recommended. For further information on ammunition selection, contact HKI Customer Service at 205-655-8299."

I called HK-USA and the guy basically parroted the manual at first and then kinda grudgingly said well a little +P won't hurt it.

Top Bottom