P345 - anyone have?

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Anyone around here have a P345 (nonrailed)?

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Used to, REALLY regret selling that one. I had about 10K rounds through it before I had any problems then the recoil spring was getting too weak to cycle. I replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 18# spring for a Sig P220 (heard to do that on the Ruger forum) and that fixed it. I put prolly another 8K through it before I sold it. It was a very accurate and comfortable gun, even though it was poylmer it handled the recoil nice. I plan on picking up another sometime done the road.

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
I recall seeing here and there about some magazine disconnect problem or dislike for. Do you know anything about that?

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Sorry can't help ya there as I took the mag disconnect out when I first got it. The only problem most have with them is if you dry fire you have to have a mag in it though.

czechmate82

Aug 14, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I have a Ruger P345, but with the rail (so the P345PR). I like it, except the very heavy double action trigger pull. Once in single action, it's really nice. I hear that if you put a Ruger Wolff P-series 19 or 20 lb hammer spring in it, it lightens the double action pull quite a bit. I never had a problem with the magazine disconnect not working correctly. As long as I seat the magazines firmly, I've never had a problem. Paying full price for factory mags is not fun though...around $35 a piece (I bought one extra). Not sure if I want to keep it though...I have a 1911 now, and am spoiled on the fine single action only trigger.

Top Bottom