Join TexasGunTalk

Packing at School - YES!

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Owens, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Owens

Owens Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland

A dose of common sense. Lets hope this spreads!
    Owens

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    We should all send the school an email of support!

3. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    It's a start.

Sounds to me like someone sees the gravy train pulling out of the station.

joat

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think what these nitwits don't realize is the above questions are frequently thought about and frequently studied and frequently addressed by those that do carry concealed. Its not the first time those questions were spoken, its only the first time that Sheeple have thought about them.

For most CCWers, those concerns are addressed - forums, magazines, range buddies, instructors, training classes, etc....as I should say 'comes with the territory' of carrying.

5. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think the one point where people get lost, that would not be in favor of carrying at school, is that they somehow get the impression that every teacher is going to somehow be "issued" a gun and permit and every teacher will be packing. This couldn't be further from the truth. A law allowing for it simply gives a teacher the OPTION to do so if they decide it is something they want to do. Teachers that dislike it don't have to carry if they don't want to. If there is a pro-gun teacher out there that is proactive about their own training and safety, and feels they are intelligent enough to handle the responsibility, then hey let them do it. It is my belief that a majority of teachers would still likely not choose to carry even if given the option. Even if only 1-5% of teachers on a campus were actually carrying, you can be damn sure that if there was even just a 1-5% greater chance that their children could be saved by a teacher from that small group that just happens to be carrying.......you can absolutely bet every one of those parents would pay everything they had for that extra few percent chance of their kids not being victims.

Many people get far too caught up on focusing on objects of convenience as opposed to the ROOT CAUSE. It's sort of like using prescription drugs to counter the side effects of other drugs, and treating the symptoms as opposed to treating the actual root cause. In this life, it is entirely possible for anyone with the means and will to commit horrible acts if they so choose. It is a pretty distasteful thing to think about but, if a teacher really wanted to, if they were truly fed up, demented or what have you, they don't need a gun to harm your kids. Any number of sharp or blunt instruments in the classroom could be used nearly as swiftly and almost nearly as deadly in such a situation. That's the whole fallacy about people saying that it will lead to the teachers killing students out of anger due to easy access to a weapon. The reality is that the vast majority of people have far more of a tolerance of things, and most people are not nearly the psychopaths that the anti-gun crowd would have us believe. The root cause is certainly not the tool, but the user behind it. The vast majority of people I've met, in fact EVERY singly person I've met that has had a CHL have also been about the most respectful, most laid back, and most easy going people around. CHL holders as a whole generally realize their great responsibility, accept it, and seem to be better people for it. There are of course bad apples in every group, though there is never really any way to completely 100% eliminate the bad apples from society as that is just human nature. We really need to stop trying to cater to the lowest common denominator in this society (meaning idiots, criminals, etc etc).

6. Owens

Owens Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Agree.

Safety is an illusion.
    What anti types need to realize is that there is no thing, place, or situation that is 100% safe either. To them they feel that things can be 100% safe...just eliminate all guns. But what about that small percentage of bad apples? They will do what they want with whatever they can make do with.

7. atlas176176

atlas176176 New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    DFW
    I applaud this district. I am getting fed up with the way local news and radio is covering this story though. They lead off by implying that, as others have said, all teachers would be issued a gun with no training.

I almost called a local radio station here in Dallas this morning to set them straight, but decided not to waste my time.

8. Pawdog

Pawdog Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Tawakoni, Texas