• 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Filled up at Murphy's Monday for $1.889. Don't know about today I haven't been by there.
    It will be $4 by summer.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    When gas was $4 when I lived in Oregon, Diesel was close to $5 / gallon. It was not *that* long ago, Diesel was the cheapest option for fuel, then it seems everyone and their brother "discovered" diesels got better fuel economy and were cheaper to run and then BAM, diesel became the most expensive almost overnight. I know $5 / gallon fuel hurt our business. Think of all the medium and heavy duty trucks rolling around on 55-200 gallons. That shit hurts when you fill it at $4 or 5 / per. Even when it dropped down into the sub-$4 range it wasn't rosy.

I understand that pre-Biden, when oil was high, it meant a lot of Americans were making good money in oilfield jobs. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt a lot of others who were trying to get by though. Now in Biden's America - high oil & gas prices just mean we're getting fucked even harder, because he killed oilfield jobs while making his pals in the middle east rich again. If we're paying $2+ a gallon here, there are lots of places already paying $3 or close to it. Where I came from in Oregon, we typically ran ninety cents or a dollar per gallon higher than we're paying in Texas. They hate oil & gas up there, and the fuel tax is quite a bit higher there to boot, which is *supposed* to pay for roads, but the roads are equally shitty there as they are here.

I'd love to see American oilfield jobs come back strong, while remaining energy independent, and *not* getting hosed at the pump - I'm thinking its one of those "you can have two, but not three" scenarios. I wouldn't complain too much about higher prices if it meant American jobs were secure, but I think that ship is taking an extended tour at this point.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I would walk before driving a Prius. It may be a good car, but it stands for everything I dislike.

I mean... it’s efficient, carries a ton inside, isn’t dependent on charging stations, drives actually cheaper in town than the highway, supports Texas energy independence, saves me enough money every week to buy a box of ammo compared to my F-250, and is reliable. I fly planes and shoot guns, so please don’t tell me it’s just about a macho perception...

TxMongrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    pontotoc tx
    Oil patch guys are smart and are always getting more efficient. OPEC knows that and they won't let the price go up much. every time it does OPEC has more competition.

gotta watch the taxes though - they are not free market driven. That's why gas is $5.50/gal in Germany - all taxes.

TxMongrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    pontotoc tx
    the really interesting question is what will TxDoT do. the more cars get efficient the less $$$ they have to fix our roads. really a hard question there

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I mean... it’s efficient, carries a ton inside, isn’t dependent on charging stations, drives actually cheaper in town than the highway, supports Texas energy independence, saves me enough money every week to buy a box of ammo compared to my F-250, and is reliable. I fly planes and shoot guns, so please don’t tell me it’s just about a macho perception...

Yeah... Cessna 150 and Tarus TX22!!!! LOLOL.... I'm kiddin'.... I'm kiddin'.... Don't shoot me with your Tarus! Hahahahah...

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I actually teach in them. ;) It’s fun keeping newbs from hurting airplanes.
    In '69 I was 19 years old. Decided to take flying lessons. So I'm lined up on the runway. Run-up complete - system checks complete. Just before releasing the brakes the instructor told me - "Just when the plane lifts off you will encounter prop torque and to counter it you need to input right(or could'a been left) turn to counter it. So we're bouncing down the run way I can feel the plane getting lighter. Then I felt the wheels leave the ground. Implemented hard right turn! Stood that puppy up on the left wing with the right wing pointing skyward. We're not much more that a wing span off the runway. Instructor hollered "I GOT IT!" and got it he did.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Your logic is a tad faulty. Oh, no doubt we're headed for 4 buck a gallon for regular gas. Wanna make a guess on where diesel is headed. Restrict hydrocarbon access in America the supply pipe gets smaller and prices go up. It sounds like you want to return the days of yore when the headlines would read "EXXON sets new quarterly record for profits" Exxon's pricing model, by their own admission is built for high prices. The more raw materials cost them - the more they profit! To hit $4.00 per gallon for regular the price for raw materials has to grow considerably. For the price of raw materials to rise significantly demand has to exceed the ability to supply. Being as none of the oil producing nations seem willing to do that to the extent it drives a supply/demand imbalance to create $80.00 a barrel pricing. However should you cripple the largest oil producing nation such that it does create such a supply/demand imbalance that drives the per barrel cost to $80.00 a gallon. Root of that problem. The U.S. will be crippled. Our dollars will then, once again, be sent abroad to purchase what we were/are capable of producing. You'll get part of your wish and some U.S citizens will indeed profit wanna guess who that might be? A clue... it won't be me and you.
    I think $4.00 will be cheap in a year. Depending on where you live i think $6 to $10. Why? Well the current administration has already said they want to increase gas taxes. Their theory is they can reduce demand by raising the price. The think this about guns and ammo too. But this is just the first step in a bigger problem. When gas prices rise too high it has a ripple effect in the economy. You do know how all goods get to the store? Add this to the government spending trillions of dollars they do not have devaluing the $, and you have a recipe for double digit inflation. Any one remember the Jimmy Carter years?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I think $4.00 will be cheap in a year. Depending on where you live i think $6 to $10. Why? Well the current administration has already said they want to increase gas taxes. Their theory is they can reduce demand by raising the price. The think this about guns and ammo too. But this is just the first step in a bigger problem. When gas prices rise too high it has a ripple effect in the economy. You do know how all goods get to the store? Add this to the government spending trillions of dollars they do not have devaluing the $, and you have a recipe for double digit inflation. Any one remember the Jimmy Carter years?
    Yup... search around on here some'air and you'll find my comments refering to the 12% inflation rate and the 20% interest rates of '73-'74

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Vividly
    Long gas lines
    Odd and Even gas days.
    Fun times.
    NOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Vividly
    Long gas lines
    Odd and Even gas days.
    Fun times.
    NOT

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Vividly
    Long gas lines
    Odd and Even gas days.
    Fun times.
    NOT

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads