Pain in the grass: Texas' latest drilling craze is lawn-related

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
Feb 19, 2013
Austin, TX
Wonderful. LCRA keeps emptying the Colorado for the rice farmers, and now rich people are draining our aquifers. Now Austin can really be just like Los Angeles, with no usable water anywhere and perfectly maintained unnatural landscapes everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, property rights need to be protected, but so do resources required by thousands of people.

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Wonderful. LCRA keeps emptying the Colorado for the rice farmers, and now rich people are draining our aquifers. Now Austin can really be just like Los Angeles, with no usable water anywhere and perfectly maintained unnatural landscapes everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, property rights need to be protected, but so do resources required by thousands of people.
I agree but I don't think continued or extreme legislation is going to work very well.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that our brethren to the south were under the imposition of the use restrictions, even on owned wells? I know of several partnerships that sell water rights down there. As I understood it, each owner of a well was limited to a certain number of gallons per acre, and if they exceeded that amount, there was hell to pay. (aka, huge fines, possible well shut down) Does that not apply to the Austin area?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics