Gun Zone Deals

Paleo Life Style or Cave Man - life style nutrition plan, not a diet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    If two people want to discuss lifestyle choices, why do you have to get involved and ask about one's credentials?

Sig wasn't talking at you. Leave it alone. So if I want to talk about weights, diet and/or supplements with someone, do I have to show YOU my $#@!ing diploma first?

Actually he was addressing me, albeit indirectly. By the way, I can ask questions right? Sig can choose to respond or not. Now, have a good day.
    Guns International

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    How do I subscribe to a thread?

I'd like to follow this closely. I'm trying to cut carbs but I eat a lot of sandwiches at work. I don't actually get a lunch and we don't stop the train to buy food. Sandwiches are quick and easy.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    No. Sorry. I read the post 3 times. He does not address you indirectly. There is no mention of you or the topic of this thread. He addresses Saltyag only. You can ask questions, just don't come off acting like your shit don't stink

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    No. Sorry. I read the post 3 times. He does not address you indirectly. There is no mention of you or the topic of this thread. He addresses Saltyag only. You can ask questions, just don't come off acting like your shit don't stink

Read the entire thread. He challenged my positions, which is ok. I was simply curious as to any credentials.

As to how I come off, I am a certified warrior (USMC), retired LEO (CHP), and personal trainer (ACSM). You and others may have a problem with that. I don't. You and others can accept or reject my point of view, although a learned one. In the end, I don't really care.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    How do I subscribe to a thread?

I'd like to follow this closely. I'm trying to cut carbs but I eat a lot of sandwiches at work. I don't actually get a lunch and we don't stop the train to buy food. Sandwiches are quick and easy.

Veggie snacks....just make sure the veggies are organic. Great substitute for sandwiches.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Veggie snacks....just make sure the veggies are organic. Great substitute for sandwiches.

Thanks! Any in particular that are "fulfilling"? It's very common for us to be on the train for over 12 hours and I get really hungry. Usually in one shift I will have eaten 2 sandwiches with 3 pieces of bread, 2 pieces of cheese, several slices of ham or turkey on each sandwich. I do this about 6 times a week so I'm sure my carb intake from bread is probably high.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    If you break up your eating into small amounts...you will find your hunger will be reduced. With that said - celery, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers; raw fruit - pears (eat the skin - particularly good for you), high acidic fruits - grapefruit in particular - all good, will reduce hunger cravings.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ok, I know everyone is wondering it, so I'm gonna say it.

What makes you a "Certified Warrior"? Are there not desk jockeys and warehouse employees in the USMC? Did you have to take a test to get that certificate? I've never seen a "Warrior Certificate". Do you keep your certificate framed and on a wall?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

What makes you a "Certified Warrior"? Are there not desk jockeys and warehouse employees in the USMC? Did you have to take a test to get that certificate? I've never seen a "Warrior Certificate". Do you keep your certificate framed and on a wall?

:roflfunny:
    This post made my day. I should give you a certificate

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

Lol..certified was a play on words, but oh yes, I have me a "love me" wall and besides my Honorable Discharge, there are many others. Yes, I know I am awesome. BTW, 82-84 Beirut, 22nd MAU. :)

Last edited:

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I'm definitely moving towards strength training/powerlifting, and maybe dabbling in bodybuilding a bit to bring up whatever deficient areas are left.

My family and I changed our diet late last year very similar to what everyone is talking about here, and I realized I needed to get a lot more exercise. I bought the book "Starting Strength" by Rippetoe. I've only read it and haven't started training like that yet, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness personally. But it gets pretty technical (over my head, certainly) with how this or that muscle works and how to train it. Feel free to ignore the section about how to eat 6,000 calories a day. I think the book does a good job showing you how to perform exercises like squats, dead lifts and presses safely and train large muscle groups.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I bet you wear out mirrors. Gotta be hard on 'em trying to reflect such a perfect image.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Thank God we have a Certified Warrior to keep the forum safe
    blankcertificate2.gif

Top Bottom