APOD Firearms

Palin hints at independent conservative movement!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1

I hope this woman can pull a rabbit out of her hat. The way she left office, let Katie Couric stump her, and a couple of other things, really had me down. On that note, I thought she handled that douchebag McCain with class. He deserved worse.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I honestly think she left office because she was simply fed up with politics as usual. I know that I would love to quit from American Politics, but only those at the "top" are allowed apparently. Folks like you and me have no choice but to grin and bear it.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Folks like you and me have no choice but to grin and bear it.

If these guys stayed out of my pocket, followed the rule of law (which includes the average American NOT having to fight for their rights), and stopped trying to run my life, I'd have no interest in politics.

But, since these people are lunatics, lack morals, and are not willing to work (grow a business, not farm and shakedown the American people), I have to include politics in my day.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    On that note, I thought she handled that douchebag McCain with class. He deserved worse.

Speaking of shit, I saw McCain on Meet the Press this morning and changed the channel. He finally had something decent to say about her. I wonder if he knew what Tammy Bruce now knows. My guess is not.

Here it are:
    [URL]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31875885#31875885

EDIT: before Big gets ahold of me, here it are was intentional[/URL]

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I know most of you all know this but it bears repeating,"any" white, Christian,anti-abortion candidate will be demonized by the left wing democrats and their media buddies, we must make our own decisions not allow the press to do so, look at how a candidate was raised who their friends were,schools they attended there are a few exceptions but most of us are a product of our environment.

We have not had a true conservative since Regan but it will happen simply because most people live their lives in a conservative manner while many of those vote Democratic they still understand the need for conservative politics especially fiscal.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I know most of you all know this but it bears repeating,"any" white, Christian,anti-abortion candidate will be demonized by the left wing democrats and their media buddies, we must make our own decisions not allow the press to do so, look at how a candidate was raised who their friends were,schools they attended there are a few exceptions but most of us are a product of our environment.

We have not had a true conservative since Regan but it will happen simply because most people live their lives in a conservative manner while many of those vote Democratic they still understand the need for conservative politics especially fiscal.

You are right, we have not had a true conservative since Reagan, although I think George Sr. was pretty close. As far as future candidates are concerned, the GOP really need to pull their head out of their ass and pick someone with true conservative values that will not waiver on them, instead of someone who talks conservative but is really a liberal in disguise like McCain. Not to mention picking someone with a friggin personality. What is truly disheartening is the fact that we have to rely on this 2 party system.......

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    You are right, we have not had a true conservative since Reagan, although I think George Sr. was pretty close.

I thought the same thing but I was shocked to learn something a few months ago. My wife told me that in one of his speeches, George Sr. was promoting a New World Order openly. I never knew that. I forget what group he was speaking in front of. I'll have to look it up.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I wasn't a huge nerd at the time, just a little nerd, so I didn't really follow Bush 41. But, from what I have heard since, 41 wasn't a conservative, but a left leaning republican. Must be the Maine blood.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Holy crap, the soundbite where he says "a new world order" was even sampled and used in a song by Ministry (called NWO): Dailymotion - Ministry - N.W.O. - une vidéo Musique

Growler/industrial music. It probably won't be for everybody.

ETA: Wow. It's been forever since I've heard that song. Bush's "New world order" soudbite isn't until almost four and a half minutes in.

Yes it was in that song, which is a great tune by the way. The next song on that album is called Jesus Built My Hotrod. Came out when I was in college.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I really didn't learn to appreciate George the Elder until I got a better look at the Peanut Farmer and Klinton, and along came George the Younger with whom I have nothing but praise......So Bush sounds mighty good considering....

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    You are right, we have not had a true conservative since Reagan, although I think George Sr. was pretty close. As far as future candidates are concerned, the GOP really need to pull their head out of their ass and pick someone with true conservative values that will not waiver on them, instead of someone who talks conservative but is really a liberal in disguise like McCain. Not to mention picking someone with a friggin personality. What is truly disheartening is the fact that we have to rely on this 2 party system.......

That is what SHOULD happen, but won't.

I don't care how many people on here are in love with PALIN, she's damaged goods. The media is still shitting on her half a year after the election, she doesn't stand a chance. How many democrats have you heard say they like Palin? The only thing she would succeed in doing if she ran on another ticket is divide the right and hand Obama 2012.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As opposed to getting whoever the Republicrats run into office?

Let's face the facts here. The Republicans are no different than the Dems. The two parties simply use wedge issues to divide and conquer. The two sides don't actually hate each other like they seem to, they need each other and they know it.

In recent years, both parties have proven that they're more than willing to piss away our money and our liberty. I'm not going to support that.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    As opposed to getting whoever the Republicrats run into office?

Let's face the facts here. The Republicans are no different than the Dems. The two parties simply use wedge issues to divide and conquer. The two sides don't actually hate each other like they seem to, they need each other and they know it.

In recent years, both parties have proven that they're more than willing to piss away our money and our liberty. I'm not going to support that.

I have already faced those facts. I have been preaching about the wool Washington has pulled over their subjects' eyes for a long time, but that doesn't change the fact that Palin is dead in the water. My post wasn't intended to champion the rule of the Republican party over the left. It was intended to comment realistically on the outcome of the 2012 election if Palin was on the ticket.

In order for Palin to compete on a 3rd part ticket in 2012 she has to do to things:

1) Pull votes from the Republican party.
    2) Pull votes from the Democratic party.

One will happen, though probably not in the numbers all the die hard Paliners presume. It will take votes away from the Republican ticket none the less.

Now for two let's do a little experiment. Step away from the keyboard, walk into your bathroom, look in the mirror, and say to yourself "The Obama supporters of the 2008 electioin will abandon him and vote for a Palin ticket." Do you still have a straight face? Part of the massive MSM onslaught that convinced the sheep to vote for Obama was the constant assault on Palin, when she was just the VP candidate.

I can assure you that I am just as ready for a 3rd party to compete as you are, but Palin is not the answer. Ron Paul was as close as it came for me last year, but he is a little too extreme for most Americans. At this rate, who knows where we will be in 3.5yrs or what real "change" Americans will be ready for.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Funny, Sarah Palin is on everyone's lips these days. She drew HUGE crowds everywhere she went, she damn near pulled the dweeb McCain over the top. Democrat pukes got organized and grind her into the ground.

Sure, she didn't know what went on in Bum fu** Washington, in Summer 2008 she didn't have the foggiest that she would be thrust into the VP candidacy. She was busy with Alaska business, having a baby, and hunting.

I want someone to tell me that Braaaak Obamma is other than a stuffed shirt that can bull sheit the pants off of people, using a teleprompter that is. Compared to him, Sarah Palin has more experience as a small business owner, a council woman, a mayor, and as a governor. Plus, she dealt with oil leases so she is head and shoulders above most politicians there.

The number one issue to me, the 2nd Amendment, would be safe with Sarah up there.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Funny, Sarah Palin is on everyone's lips these days. And she is still getting gang raped by the media.

She drew HUGE crowds everywhere she went, she damn near pulled the dweeb McCain over the top. Which election were you watching in 2008? McCain/Palin almost over the top? It was a freakin blowout in electoral votes.

Democrat pukes got organized and grind her into the ground. And still are and they will continue to do so. IF Palin runs in 2012, the 2008 grind will look like a featherweight golden gloves fight in comparison.

She was busy with Alaska business, having a baby, and hunting. She sounds like an amazing wife.

I want someone to tell me that Braaaak Obamma is other than a stuffed shirt that can bull sheit the pants off of people, using a teleprompter that is. Compared to him, Sarah Palin has more experience as a small business owner, a council woman, a mayor, and as a governor. Plus, she dealt with oil leases so she is head and shoulders above most politicians there. So what has the result of this previous election shown us on the importance of experience in a candidate? If the experience card can't play against Obama having almost zero experience, it ain't gonna play in 2012.

The number one issue to me, the 2nd Amendment, would be safe with Sarah up there.

I'm not downing on Sarah Palin as a person, but she's not going to win a presidential election on any parties' ticket.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have already faced those facts. I have been preaching about the wool Washington has pulled over their subjects' eyes for a long time, but that doesn't change the fact that Palin is dead in the water. My post wasn't intended to champion the rule of the Republican party over the left. It was intended to comment realistically on the outcome of the 2012 election if Palin was on the ticket.

In order for Palin to compete on a 3rd part ticket in 2012 she has to do to things:

1) Pull votes from the Republican party.
    2) Pull votes from the Democratic party.

One will happen, though probably not in the numbers all the die hard Paliners presume. It will take votes away from the Republican ticket none the less.

Now for two let's do a little experiment. Step away from the keyboard, walk into your bathroom, look in the mirror, and say to yourself "The Obama supporters of the 2008 electioin will abandon him and vote for a Palin ticket." Do you still have a straight face? Part of the massive MSM onslaught that convinced the sheep to vote for Obama was the constant assault on Palin, when she was just the VP candidate.

I can assure you that I am just as ready for a 3rd party to compete as you are, but Palin is not the answer. Ron Paul was as close as it came for me last year, but he is a little too extreme for most Americans. At this rate, who knows where we will be in 3.5yrs or what real "change" Americans will be ready for.

Oh, I know all that. but what I'm trying to do is point out that both parties suck and nobody should vote for them to everybody who I talk politics with. Why? Because we have four years to try and show people the truth. The earlier started, the better.
    Kinda like McCain
    Hah, yeah. He pretty much drove me off the Republican ticket all on his own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom