Military Camp

Palmetto has Forged Lowers on for $50.00!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It would be nice to have a FFL here in Austin to have stuff sent to, who will charge a reasonable fee for a transfer. I have at various places been quoted 10% of sale price + tax with a $75.00 minimum to $50.00. I know they are in business but 25 to 25 would be more fair price in my mind. (course, I am broke and retired)

Please post who these people/establishments are so we can avoid them. Those are ass raping charges.
    Gun Zone Deals

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Yeeeow! My local guy here in the Bedford area of Dallas charges a flat fee of $15 per item ($10 for CHL-holders).

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It would be nice to have a FFL here in Austin to have stuff sent to, who will charge a reasonable fee for a transfer. I have at various places been quoted 10% of sale price + tax with a $75.00 minimum to $50.00. I know they are in business but 25 to 25 would be more fair price in my mind. (course, I am broke and retired)

We do. There's a whole thread on this in the Austin forum. I'm getting them at $15. Hell, even GT's does them for $25.

okie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    If a bulk is what people want Joe bob outfitters has billet lowers if you buy 25 they are $89

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I picked up my two, consecutively serial numbered, from my FFL this afternoon. They're fantastic quality in terms of machining and finish (the picture doesn't do them justice) so I'm very hopeful that'll hold through in build quality (no reason not to believe this):

2014-01-08 16.32.32.jpg

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I went with the PSA lower and Blackhawk parts kit for $79.99, have two inbound. Already ordered the rest of the crap to put them together. I had intentions of getting the anderson lower's, but couldn't pass up the price on the lower and parts kit. Can't wait to see what they look like.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I went with the PSA lower and Blackhawk parts kit for $79.99, have two inbound. Already ordered the rest of the crap to put them together. I had intentions of getting the anderson lower's, but couldn't pass up the price on the lower and parts kit. Can't wait to see what they look like.

You're welcome and sorry about that, lol.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I got one as well. Mine looks good. There was an area around the trigger guard where the finish is a bit discolored, but beyond that, it looks fine.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I got one as well. Mine looks good. There was an area around the trigger guard where the finish is a bit discolored, but beyond that, it looks fine.

Good to hear. My intentions are not for a wall hanger but to utilize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    First time ordering from them and they managed to screw it up. Go PSA.

Ordered a complete lower kit and its missing 1/3 of the parts. Called their number and stayed on the line for 20 minutes listening the the computer guy tell me how busy they are.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    First time ordering from them and they managed to screw it up. Go PSA.

Ordered a complete lower kit and its missing 1/3 of the parts. Called their number and stayed on the line for 20 minutes listening the the computer guy tell me how busy they are.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally order one of their "customizable" lower kits?
    Those are missing the trigger and hammer group among a few other things.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I just got a complete MOE lower kit a few days back from PSA - everything was in there. Sorry, I'm sure that doesn't help you :(

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom