• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When do you think the panic buying is going to start this time around? I'm seeing small signs of it now. My bet is that it that will start picking up in March and will be in full swing by Summer. I'm already slowly accumulating a "stockpile" of reloading stuff that will hopefully last until the end of the panic.

It's pretty shitty that you have to stockpile supplies just to be able to keep shooting during an election panic.
    Hurley's Gold

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I haven't seen any signs of panic buying lately. What signs are you seeing? I learned a lesson after the Sandy Hook shortage and slowly built up my stock over about a 3 year period. I'm at the point now that I just replace what I shoot. Hopefully enough folks have done the same to preclude or at least mitigate another ammo shortage of the same level.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven't seen any signs of panic buying lately. What signs are you seeing? I learned a lesson after the Sandy Hook shortage and slowly built up my stock over about a 3 year period. I'm at the point now that I just replace what I shoot. Hopefully enough folks have done the same to preclude or at least mitigate another ammo shortage of the same level.

They are very faint signs, but they're there. Mainly, certain bullets and powders are going out of stock across multiple online stores despite not really doing so for most of the year. I don't expect them to stay out of stock for long. At least not yet.

I have a fairly decent supply built up. Nothing I'd call impressive, but enough that it would take some of the sting out of a panic. I might have to cut back on shooting certain cartridges, or use alternative loads for them, but for the most part I would be fine. The fact that I cast bullets for all my handguns and even some rifles is a HUGE bonus as lead is not typically effected by the panic buying. Even if it was, I recover probably around 90%-99% of all the lead projectiles that I shoot so that I can recast them. I have around 110-120lb of lead. I'm good on that, lol. Powder, primers, and a few choice rifle bullets are my main concern.

Sandy Hook was a huge lesson for me. I was just finally getting close to finishing up my first AR-15 when it happened. Had it done about a month or two later thanks to the help of a few people who sold me what I needed at the normal price. Ammo was hard to come by, so that gun was shot very little over the next year.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Went to Academy yesterday, they had ammo everywhere, but that was Black Friday ammo. I believe there is an uptick in ammo sales now because of Black Friday, nothing to do with the election.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Crap. Had been thinking about buying a Ruger SR556. Has gone up $20 in the last week, and only one place offering the lowest price instead of several.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    AR and AK related prices have been slowly creeping up. The AK prices could be related to availability as much as anything else.

Ammo seems to be holding steady so far.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I monitor Gunbroker several times a week and in general prices are going up especially on AR's. Fortunately I have been steadily buying various assets over the last 2 years so no panic buying for me. I just have a few more things to get.

Top Bottom