Panic Buying

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
I hope I have a few months before that happens. I should have enough money by then to, at least, get a reasonable basic supply.
I know what you mean. It took me about 3 years to reach my goal of 2k per caliber. I didn't buy in bulk, just a couple or 3 boxes here and there over what I shot every month. Only problem with that method is you end up spending a lot on shipping.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Ammoseek.com can be your friend, just realize that the price per cartridge is before shipping and some of the sites they list have high shipping costs.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Don't try to break her bank, unless she has a lot of guns, a couple boxes each probably isn't near that much. It adds up if you buy what you can afford monthly.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
No problem with shipping. I work in a gun shop. But, I only work part-time.

I could easily buy a box per week . . . IF I weren't always making payments out of my paycheck for new guns.
Well, ammo doesn't do you much good if you don't have a platform to use them in. Guns and ammo will be a huge asset if things turn out to get real bad. Just a thought.

Mohawk600

Well-Known
Mar 31, 2018
Austin
Well, ammo doesn't do you much good if you don't have a platform to use them in. Guns and ammo will be a huge asset if things turn out to get real bad. Just a thought.
you contradict yourself........having ammo even without a platform is an asset

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
No problem with shipping. I work in a gun shop. But, I only work part-time.

I could easily buy a box per week . . . IF I weren't always making payments out of my paycheck for new guns.
If finances are tight once you have a few boxes of each caliber load up on 22lr.

If the time to evacuate comes you can carry a whole lot more 22 ammo for the same weight and volume as anything else.

If there is a shortage you will be able to keep shooting through it and resupply the bigger calibers after.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
you contradict yourself........having ammo even without a platform is an asset
Certainly, but unless you have a platform, you're only banking on things going bad, and that's not really a good incentive.

Top Bottom