• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Every time I see this thread, I think 'I need to buy ammo'. I'm not stocked up at all. I don't have more than a couple of boxes of anything.

I need to stock up just to be at the point to start stocking up.
    That's where I was at the end of 2012. A box or two of each caliber. By then it was too late. All the common stuff was hard to find and expensive, double or triple the current price.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    That's where I was at the end of 2012. A box or two of each caliber. By then it was too late. All the common stuff was hard to find and expensive, double or triple the current price.
    I hope I have a few months before that happens. I should have enough money by then to, at least, get a reasonable basic supply.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    If you are worried about a shortage of ammo you haven't been to Academy Sports, Cabelas etc last weekend and seen the number of people buying guns there. It took over 90 minutes just for my number to be called. If anything a shortage of ammo won't happen yet until the tide turns against the Pres. and the Democraps look like they may beat him next year. Hell Wal Mart that said they aren't going to sell handgun and some rifle ammo and they seem to have a lot of that ammo left. Maybe after it is all gone people might get antsy.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I hope I have a few months before that happens. I should have enough money by then to, at least, get a reasonable basic supply.
    I know what you mean. It took me about 3 years to reach my goal of 2k per caliber. I didn't buy in bulk, just a couple or 3 boxes here and there over what I shot every month. Only problem with that method is you end up spending a lot on shipping.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ammoseek.com can be your friend, just realize that the price per cartridge is before shipping and some of the sites they list have high shipping costs.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't try to break her bank, unless she has a lot of guns, a couple boxes each probably isn't near that much. It adds up if you buy what you can afford monthly.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No problem with shipping. I work in a gun shop. But, I only work part-time.

I could easily buy a box per week . . . IF I weren't always making payments out of my paycheck for new guns.
    Well, ammo doesn't do you much good if you don't have a platform to use them in. Guns and ammo will be a huge asset if things turn out to get real bad. Just a thought.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No problem with shipping. I work in a gun shop. But, I only work part-time.

I could easily buy a box per week . . . IF I weren't always making payments out of my paycheck for new guns.
    If finances are tight once you have a few boxes of each caliber load up on 22lr.

If the time to evacuate comes you can carry a whole lot more 22 ammo for the same weight and volume as anything else.

If there is a shortage you will be able to keep shooting through it and resupply the bigger calibers after.

Top Bottom