• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    I built an AR10 With a panther arms (Remington) dpms .308 lower.
    I used a Lakota arms “milspec” lower parts kit. Aero upper.

Everything seemed to go together like normal. It cycles properly, no issues there.

The rear take down pin was stiff even with grease. I dissassebled and inspected I couldn’t see any problems with it. I reassembled it. With advice, I thought working it would break it in, but Apparently I was wrong. Now the inside of the receiver where the captive pin is located has deformed and looks like it’s going to break out completely. I contacted panther arms and they said I have to send it back at my expense to have it repaired at my or their cost depending if it’s my fault or not. The warranty RMA says “possible misscut.” In my experience the forging at the rear pin looks really thin.

I went ahead and Bought another panther receiver and used a bushmaster lower parts kit this time. This pin moves in and out as designed. No problems.

Has anyone had this issue? I thought I found this same problem somewhere else online but I can’t remember where?

Thanks!
    Texas SOT

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    I called the place I got the lower from (cdnnsports), I asked about the problem and if anybody had the same issues. He sounded really weirded out, his answer seemed deceptive.
    Whatever, he didn’t machine it.

Maybe the “Lakota arms” Mil spec Lower parts kits from “delta team tactile” are the issue.

Either way I feel raw dog dry f#cked.:argue:

Firearms should last a lifetime, not 20 rounds.

Just tryin to get the word out so nobody else gets burned.

Top Bottom