• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Anyone have any feedback on their 1911's as far as fit finish accuracy compaired to like Springfeild or Kimber.
    Military Camp

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The thing is I have a few giftcards to Academy and wanted to add another pistol (1911) to go with my Kimber and Colt. So wondering if there good for their price.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    I have a friend who carries a Para 14 in .45acp.
    I carry a SA 1911A1 or Kimber PRO. His is as accurate as either of mine. We have traded & shot each others. It is a double stack but no thicker than either of mine due to the thin grips.

2 Word discription. Good Gun. Go for it.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have a Govt. model SSP Stainless, virtually the same gun as the "Gun Rights" model sold at Academy, fit finish and accuracy I would put it up against a Kimber anyday....

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I have a Para P12 that I carry instead of my LW Commander. That little 3 1/2 inch barrel is just easier to hide on my short frame. It is just as accurate and reliable as the Colt.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have the LTC,SSP and P14.Had issues with the P14 and sent it back twice but it runs good now.The single stacks have run flawlessly out of the box.Very accurate but the LTC I have has the Coyote Brown finish which is already coming off.

supercomp9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    having seven para's in various stages of completions..
    2 of which are factory the rest were gunsmith/used frames
    that I bought and have had and going to have built for shooting
    the various shooting sports.
    1 factory 45 bought it brand new too many years ago has served me well
    and is still doing so... added a Factory 40 (traded from a friend that bought it new)
    ran several thousand rounds of lead ammo through it over the last couple of years
    and it is still one of my main guns... Now the funny part out of all the para's
    I still do not own one of the single stack models nor a LDA... guess I need to
    start a new kitty fund..

I think it is such like a the ford/chevy/dodge debate your going to have loyal
    people that never get a lemon but then there is going to be some one that
    will get the lemon and will let everyone know.
    I look at it this way it is not what the firearm maybe now but what it can be in the future..

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    1911 Purchase

Hey Guys,

Looking for advice from 1911 guru’s.

I am looking at purchasing a Springfield Armory PX9154LP / Loaded Full Size Black Stainless Steel Combat 45 ACP.

Does any one have any advice or information that would be useful to me about this purchase? I also like to know your opinions.

Tks.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Very good value for your 1911-buck. I bought mine gently used but it was in bad need of a trigger job. Had that done, and recently replaced the sloppy loose trigger with a Wilson trigger. Pulls about 4 lbs now, and is very accurate for a production fitted gun. Here's mine the day I bought it. Since added gray aluminum grips.

SA2_OPM.gif

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Hey Texas1911, and anyone else my comment too...

I bought the Springfield Armory PX9154LP / Loaded Full Size Black Stainless Steel Combat 45 ACP. I think I am going to be real happy with it. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering. Your opinions are welcome. I know some of this will depend on the look that I want and my preferences, but I’m looking for advice from someone that may have already tried some of these things.
    1. What are the pros n cons of 1 verse 2 piece full length guide rods as for function, reliability, and accuracy?
    2. I am thinking of installing a Titanium firing pin. What do you think?
    3. I want to change to an Ambidextrous Extended Thumb Safety. I do plan to carry it as concealed. Should I go with the normal one or the Tactical one that states that it was designed for concealed carry?
    4. What do you think of the Wilson Combat Multi-Comp Compensator for the 1911? Similar to the one in the Punisher movies.

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    1. One piece vs. two piece is primarily that the two piece is easier to get out of the gun for dis-assembly. There are folks who will tell you that a one piece is more reliable because it "can't" come apart but I've never had a problem with a two piece unscrewing either. If it worries you just put a small bit of threadlock on it.
    2. One knock on Springfield guns is weak firing pin springs. I had an AD with a Springfield when I dropped the slide on full magazine and the gun slam fired. A more experienced friend suggested the titanium firing pin and Wolff spring, which I did and have had no problems since.
    3. Ambidextrous safeties are usually not necessary unless you are left handed. For me the safety on both sides for a carry gun gives you twice the chance to accidentally either engage or disengage the safety. I probably wouldn't pay the money for an ambi, but if I did it would be the lowest profile one available to minimize snags and accidental engage/disengage.
    4. No experience with comps, I'm too old school.

As far as the original question in the thread about Para Ordnance, I've had several and they were all great guns. Reliable, accurate, plus 14 rounds of .45 caliber fun. Hard to beat. The knock against them is that the frames aren't as hard as the guys who use forged frames, but I can sure live with it. Hey, at least it's not plastic.

FYI, I know you are supposed to call the plastic guns 'polymer' and a guy behind the counter at a gun shop explained the difference to me. "if it costs more than $400 it's polymer".

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    FYI, I know you are supposed to call the plastic guns 'polymer' and a guy behind the counter at a gun shop explained the difference to me. "if it costs more than $400 it's polymer".[/quote]

Yea I know it still feels like a toy in my mind but to me it'll always be plastic.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom