• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Anyone have any expeirence good or bad with a para ordnance wart hog 45 thinking about buyin one I likey the 10 rds of whoop a$$ 45 in a compact 1911
    Guns International

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I had a hawg-9. It performed flawlessly, as stated above, but was bulky, heavy & ackward to handle.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I had nothing but problems from my time w/ a Para full size hi-cap LDA TAC type 1911(can't remember the name). Unfortunately I bought it new and sold it at a loss

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I got hands designed for operating rides at carnivals so I might be allright with that. You can put a pinky ext on them cant ya.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Jeff Cooper if still alive would advise to learn to hit the intended target with the stock 1911 mag and barrel rounds, there would be no need for a bigger mag or pistol.
    There have been many reports of Officers firing 17 rounds of 9mm and neither hitting the assailant not anything ese but the sky. False security rather than marksmanship.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I was at the local gun store a few months back and they said Para was having some problems with the magazines just randomly falling out.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Jeff Cooper if still alive would advise to learn to hit the intended target with the stock 1911 mag and barrel rounds, there would be no need for a bigger mag or pistol.
    There have been many reports of Officers firing 17 rounds of 9mm and neither hitting the assailant not anything ese but the sky. False security rather than marksmanship.

Are you saying that even officers need to carry extra magazines due to the added difficulty of shooting under intense stress, or that you are battle tested and were able to eliminate a target w/minimal shots from a single stack mag while bad guys were sending lead your way?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Are you saying that even officers need to carry extra magazines due to the added difficulty of shooting under intense stress, or that you are battle tested and were able to eliminate a target w/minimal shots from a single stack mag while bad guys were sending lead your way?

I understand your comment was meant to be sarcastic, but you do allude to a very valid point. When the bullets start flying, you can throw everything you think you know out the window. At this point all you're left with is instinct and reaction.

This is where training, and comfort level come into play. My two cents is you need a weapon that you are comfortable with, and have practiced enough with to be able to use it without even thinking of sight picture for the first few rounds. If a pistol is not comfortable in your hands, it won't point in the right direction when the time counts. At least that's my opinion.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I understand your comment was meant to be sarcastic, but you do allude to a very valid point. When the bullets start flying, you can throw everything you think you know out the window. At this point all you're left with is instinct and reaction.

This is where training, and comfort level come into play. My two cents is you need a weapon that you are comfortable with, and have practiced enough with to be able to use it without even thinking of sight picture for the first few rounds. If a pistol is not comfortable in your hands, it won't point in the right direction when the time counts. At least that's my opinion.
    ===
    That's the bottom line.

beefsalad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I'm the owner of a Para NiteHawg. Had FTF issues when I first got it. $65 and a weeks or so worth of waiting and it was returned to me. They installed a new firing pin stop and all has almost been perfect since. The only issue I had was they left the retainer screw for the rear site loose after the repair. I was out at the range and my shots kept working their way further and further left. I was playing with my grip, and accounted it to that but eventually figured out that it was working its way off to the side. I still need to get that fixed properly, but can easily do it myself.

While their warranty does state "to the original owner" (or similar wording) they didn't ask me for a copy of my reciept or anything. I may have sent in a registration card when I first got it, but I don't recall if that is the case or not exactly ;) I like it, but I have small hands. I do prefer the mag extension, but I can shoot and control it just as well without it. The extension makes it just a little more comfortable is all.

Best of luck to you on finding another one!

Top Bottom