para ordnance wart hog

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by gladi8r, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Anyone have any expeirence good or bad with a para ordnance wart hog 45 thinking about buyin one I likey the 10 rds of whoop a$$ 45 in a compact 1911

2. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I had a hawg-9. It performed flawlessly, as stated above, but was bulky, heavy & ackward to handle.

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    When I was considering the night Hawg, I shot one at the range. It shot fine, but as pointed out, it is on the heavy side.

4. Flight954

Flight954 Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I had nothing but problems from my time w/ a Para full size hi-cap LDA TAC type 1911(can't remember the name). Unfortunately I bought it new and sold it at a loss:332:

5. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I got hands designed for operating rides at carnivals so I might be allright with that. You can put a pinky ext on them cant ya.

6. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Jeff Cooper if still alive would advise to learn to hit the intended target with the stock 1911 mag and barrel rounds, there would be no need for a bigger mag or pistol.
    There have been many reports of Officers firing 17 rounds of 9mm and neither hitting the assailant not anything ese but the sky. False security rather than marksmanship.

7. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I was at the local gun store a few months back and they said Para was having some problems with the magazines just randomly falling out.

8. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Are you saying that even officers need to carry extra magazines due to the added difficulty of shooting under intense stress, or that you are battle tested and were able to eliminate a target w/minimal shots from a single stack mag while bad guys were sending lead your way? :gotme:

9. F350-6

F350-6 Well-Known

May 25, 2009
    :happy0001:

I understand your comment was meant to be sarcastic, but you do allude to a very valid point. When the bullets start flying, you can throw everything you think you know out the window. At this point all you're left with is instinct and reaction.

This is where training, and comfort level come into play. My two cents is you need a weapon that you are comfortable with, and have practiced enough with to be able to use it without even thinking of sight picture for the first few rounds. If a pistol is not comfortable in your hands, it won't point in the right direction when the time counts. At least that's my opinion.

10. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    ===
    That's the bottom line.