• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I have a Para P-10 with an attitude problem. All 6 mags were failing to feed 7 or 8 of 10 times in the 10 round and 9 or 10 out of 12 times in the 12 rounders. The rounds were jamming like they weren’t coming up enough; a quick slingshot would allow them to be stripped up and into battery.

I replaced the mag springs with Wolff in 3 of mags and it’s better but still bad. Now I get 2 or 3 F2F and 1 or 2 slide locks in each mag. I was able to get 2 consecutive rounds off for the 1st time ever though.

What’s next? Recoil spring? Slide lock spring? It’s all the mags so I’m not sure what to do other than the Wolff springs.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Thanks. Gun came with 2. I bought 4 more factory mags. All behave the same. It’s vexing me. I know the P-10 is known for this; was just hoping for better.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Different mags

Feed ramp

and often overlooked as causes of FtF issues...

BREECH FACE

EXTRACTER in that order depending on where the stoppage is occurring in the cycle.

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    When you are shooting, are you applying pressure to the magazine on the bottom upward to the frame? The slide can be slowed from the additional friction from the magazine on the slide, causing the round to not chamber properly. This is then not a problem once you remove the pressure to rack the slide again.

If you are shooting reloads, check the OAL of the cartridge to make sure the bullet is seated correctly, since additional OAL can make the round not chamber correctly.

Otherwise, the recoil spring might be too heavy for the ammo load you are shooting, causing the slide to not move all the way back, which reduces the time it takes to come back to battery.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I vote for recoil spring. Try a lighter spring.

Are you shooting factory 230gr ball ammo? Reloads can be underpowered.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have issues with 1911s due to the fact that I'm left handed.
    I need to be conscious of keeping my thumbs from applying pressure to the takedown button on the right side of the slide.

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    All my gold bars are tied up in the platinum market.

Rather get a randall. Even Caspian made them at one time.

It's Cam who needs one.
    Ive done some work on the Randalls but never saw a left handed one. Nice firearm.

I also have a Caspian for myself that is my CCW in 10mm, it is a great gun.

There are a few left handed mag releases out there, i dont remember who used to make them. Cam could always buy something like the Smith & Alexander ambi release and file off the right handed side flush with the frame

Top Bottom