• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Does anybody have any experience with this particular pistol? I found a local dealer who has a new one for about 6 1/2 bills. Sounds like a good price and it feels pretty good in my hand. The grip is short, but the mag has an extension. Is there anything in shooting it I should expect good or bad?
    Military Camp

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I haven't had any experience with the warthog, but if they build them like they built my p12.45 (pictured below) I would say that it is a fine pistol. I believe the new warthogs are actually shorter in the grip (thus the need for the extension) than my older p12.45(which is a 3 1/2" model). Mine is easy to conceal (even with the double stack .45 mag with a 12+1 capacity) and a pleasure to shoot as well. Accuracy is fantastic for a short barreled .45. Only downside is they tend to utilize proprietary mags and not many (if any) aftermarke mfg's bother making mags for Para's which tends to make them costly (but we all know ammo is the real cost not usually the gun or mags). Hope this rambling nonsense helps some. I would not hesitate to buy a Para-Ordnance pistol based on my previous experiances (well I'm not sold on their LDA double action 1911's yet since it just don't seem natural) and would recommend them to you and wish you the best.

Like I said, I love this P12.45
    20080717024.jpg

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Good little guns.Some of the Hi cap Paras have mag issues.I bought the P14 and had a lot of feeding problems.I sent the mags back to Para and they sent me mags that worked.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I got to shoot one at the range a few months ago. I only fired about 5 shots, but it was a decent shooter for the size.

I was contemplating buying the nighthawg, which is basically the same thing in all black with night sights. I ended up with a HK compact .45, but it was not because of any cons on behalf of the Para.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey Juwaba, do you carry that gun? If so, have any issues with concealing it? What's the recoil like? Excessive or not too bad for the size? I still keeping seeing these guns in the used section at Cabelas for pretty decent prices. For holding 12+1 rounds, I still keep toying with the idea of getting one for a carry gun. I haven't found anything else nearly as small that holds 12rds of 45.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Hey Juwaba, do you carry that gun? If so, have any issues with concealing it? What's the recoil like? Excessive or not too bad for the size? I still keeping seeing these guns in the used section at Cabelas for pretty decent prices. For holding 12+1 rounds, I still keep toying with the idea of getting one for a carry gun. I haven't found anything else nearly as small that holds 12rds of 45.

It conceals nicely for me. I use a Don Hume IWB at 3 o'clock with a slight forward cant. It molds into my love handles nicely and just a regular t-shirt or polo over it does great. Plus with the wider grip it fits my hands perfectly. Recoil is negligible compared to full size .45's and I've always felt the beavertails make it much easier to control and helps with muzzle flip (some will and do argue with me on this point). Depending on what they are asking at Cabela's I'd recommend buying one since I really like mine. A little bonus is it fits perfectly in my Ford Ranger's console like it was meant to be, never moves when just laid in it. What kind of prices do they put on them? I may be interested in another since this one was originally bought for my wife.;)

On a side note, if you are over in this area sometime, you are more than welcome to put in some trigger time on mine.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    The Warthog is shorter in the grip, but the mags have the extension. It's a double stack mag 10+1 and it felt fine in my hand. It's about $200 cheaper than the Companion Carry I've been looking at, so I may pull the trigger on it so to speak.

On a related note, I was carrying my 1911(see avatar) the day I went in and this guy really wanted to trade, but my Colt is too good of a gun to let go, especially on an unknown shooter. I'll suck it up and save for a little while longer.

Top Bottom