• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Actually posting this for HiCap. This is the sling that I was talking about that the girlfriend made. She said it was roughly 8 ft to every ft. This one was a little long but I can wrap it around my hand when I shoot.
    100_0857.jpg

100_0858.jpg

100_0859.jpg

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    What is the length and width and can either HK or uncle mikes sling swivels be woven into the sling?
    Also price please.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I'm looking into swivels in a bulk pack. I'm going to get a few sets at academy tomorrow. She can make them in any length. Right now I have the Grey and Camo paracord. I'll be getting some diffrent colors tomorrow also. Maybe desert tan if i can find it. Send me a PM so I can let her know what to start on. I need lengths, color, if you want black or silver colored sling swivels and I'll see what she can do.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    We figured out how to make these finally after playing around for a couple of nights with them. I can sell them much cheaper if I sell them without the swivels. All you have to do is loop the cord left on each and tie it in a knot. Saves us 9 bucks each and we pass that on to whoever buys one. Its not hard to install the swivels. I just got through doing one myself. As of right now I have 1 sling. It's a digital camo paracord design. I have one of these on my Saiga AK. The other one is a looser knot (knots are spaced farther apart, were talking maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch). Selling them for $25. $5 extra to ship. I'll update with pics as she makes them. Ill get a measurement if I can find my tape. Its 50 ft of cord.
    100_0866.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0863.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    Seen these before. There's also a market for 550 cord 'survival bracelets'. The weave is called a Cobra weave (although there are different variations on how to weave the bracelet) the Cobra is the most common. There's a few vids on youtube that show you how to weave your own 550 cord survival bracelet and, if you have enough 550 cord, the same weave will probably work for making your own sling too. That is, is you have enough time/effort and 550 cord to make it happen. Just another option folks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom