• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Wow(!).... the camera angle from this video doesn’t give a very good perspective how close this guy came to President Trump. The English tabloid, The Sun, has a better video (but I couldn’t figure out how to post that one).

Airspace is closed in the U.S. where the president is. And as I’ve read, it’s supposed to have been closed in Scotland too. I’m surprised the Secret Service didn’t shoot this guy down! What’s up with that?

Guns International

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    This guy got close enough the SS could’ve (& probably should’ve) taken him out with whatever their normal duty weapon is.

Article says that Scotland Yard is “looking for him”! I’m sure they will eventually find him. They need to make “an example” of him with a stiff prison sentence IMHO.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am afraid the Secret Service is no longer what it once was (e.g., in the days of Reagan).

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I am afraid the Secret Service is no longer what it once was (e.g., in the days of Reagan).

Yea, I’m afraid I’d have to agree with you. Mere flight into restricted air space has always been enough justification for a ‘shoot down’ order to be given. And when an unknown threat is headed directly toward the president, they should have taken action to stop it. Advanced telephone call or not (who’s to say such a warning call wasn’t just designed to allow a threat additional time to get closer to the “target”?).

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    What's it going to key on? No heat source.

Ok how about one of these then

05e144a82ca9713bbe4f4cf756e6579b.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    So a big yellow parasail dragging a big yellow banner is hard to find?

I would probably start with the local Green Peace chapter......

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    They’ve found him (from Newser):
    The unnamed 55-year-old Greenpeace protester paraglided over Trump's Turnberry resort Friday evening as the US president arrived, bearing a sign that said: "Trump: Well Below Par."

Of course, since it took place at a ‘Golf resort’, golfers were quick to point out, being “well BELOW par” is a GOOD thing in Golf!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What's it going to key on? No heat source.

There is always a heat source. The question is whether or not the seeker head can distinguish it. 98.6F is very hard to distinguish from outside air temp on an average Texas day.

Also, not all SAM systems use heat-seeking guidance systems. An EO- or SWIR- tracker with terminal guidance updates are options.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    The Secret Service and British counterparts should keep ‘Chute Hawks’ to tear holes in the Parasail..... That’s what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom