• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I just got back from the Wally World on Fairmont and Carter's Country, the Wally World was almost out of ammo. Just a little 22, bird shot, and a few boxes of hunting loads. Carters Country was real low on 223 and other military rounds. They were low on pistols but had a 6 AR's in the rack.
    Lynx Defense

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Pretty grim report.

Did you check Academy on Spencer & Beltway-8? They usually do better than Wal-Mart.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    The Wal Mart on Shaver is no better....unless you are shooting a BB gun or a 22 short rifle...you're SOL. Oh yeah..they did have some 12ga steel shot left....woo hoo! LOL

Man...I am getting sick and tired of the ammo situation in this city! I refuse to pay Gander Mtn's crazy prices and Academy is VERY hit and miss.

Why is everyone racing to the gunshows to buy a 9mm or AR-15? Its not as if theres anything to run through these things.

- Brickboy240

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    The Dallas area Academy stores put out a daily allotment of ammo, to prevent any greedy individual from coming in and wiping out all the ammo.

If they are doing the same in Pasadena, just go by the next day and they might have some on the shelf.

kasTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    You should try Tomball Pawn. I was there on Saturday, and they had a chest-high stack (cases) of 223 (Winchester?) and a waist-high stack (cases) of another brand. There were several thousand rounds of FN 5.7x28, and multiple cases of 308 (200 rounds per case). There were also a couple other cases there, but I don't recall at the moment what was in them. That is what was stacked on the floor.

They also have other cartridges (mostly pistol) in smaller boxes on a shelf behind the counter, but not in such high numbers.

krpen71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Bass pro shop on 288 usually has plenty shotgun and rifle ammo but just a few boxes of pistol of various calibers but never 380.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I went to the Academy in Pasadena today (12:00pm). they had 5 boxes/ea. of .40cal (black box) and 38 spl., not sure what brand name. IIRC the price was $24.99 for both calibers. The thing that caught my attention was all the boxes of monarch boxes in 223. This is the second Academy I've been to that had plenty of 223 ammo. They had about 5 to 7 boxes in the light blue box, too.

Top Bottom