• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just got back, not bad for a 'High Caliber' promoted show.

The usual suspects were there, prices are getting a lot better in some areas.

Things of interest:

Did like the Sig style arm stabilizers for mounting on AK pistols. ($150) Even came with a BATF letter about them.
    Good to see those same type of stabilizers on non-Sig AR pistols from aftermarket sources.

One guy had a bunch of estate sale SKSs, and another table had some that looked NIB. <$500

Book guy had some new books that looked interesting.

Ammo a plenty, 5.56mm running about $.40/round.

Did find a little pistol that I am researching now, heading back in a few to make an offer.......more to follow ;)

One thing that was a bit disturbing was the fellow walking around wearing his "Google Glass" set up. He and his buddies were fingering a lot of guns and price tags and scanning the room frequently. The show staff did not appear to be concerned even after they were informed of him possibly violating their no photos rule. Don't think the guy at the door had a clue what were talking about.

Knife sharpening guy was not there, darn it.

Glad got the hand stamped, now lets see if I can go make a deal.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Did find a little pistol that I am researching now, heading back in a few to make an offer.......more to follow ;)

Glad got the hand stamped, now lets see if I can go make a deal.
    I'm waiting. It's a Coonan, right?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm waiting. It's a Coonan, right?

No, it was a little Erma in .22LR, made to look like a PPK, guy wanted $200. Talked to a buddy who is a vendor there said it was a $150 gun. Went home, looked it up, found some extra magazines, printed a copy of the Blue Book of Gun values page (said it was a $125 gun) as a negotiating tool, got cash, went back in and found the guy....................damn thing sold 1/2 hour before we got back.

By any chance did you notice, what .22 ammo was selling for?

Still expensive, just like the others have said. Good news is it is just way over priced now, not stupid expensive like it has been for the past year.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    No, it was a little Erma in .22LR, made to look like a PPK, guy wanted $200. Talked to a buddy who is a vendor there said it was a $150 gun. Went home, looked it up, found some extra magazines, printed a copy of the Blue Book of Gun values page (said it was a $125 gun) as a negotiating tool, got cash, went back in and found the guy....................damn thing sold 1/2 hour before we got back.

:laughing: Whooo hooo hooo :roflfunny:

Sorry dude but that's funny right there. ;)

Top Bottom