Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    borat_success_zps71ccb9bf.gif

I paid a bunch of money for this:
    egg_zps2f685648.gif

Let it incubate for 10 months, hopefully it will hatch into this:
    Uzi1_zpsb70ba6db.gif

:pounce:

Umm didn't really see anything else at the show I wanted except magazines. Bought a few of those (including Uzi mags). Was hoping someone would have the new Colt AR15A4 20" rifle, but no such luck. Ammo is still crazy priced.

That's awesome Grumper! Hope your stamp comes thru with no problems.
    I looked at the semi version one vendor had. Sure do want one.
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Been going to gun shows for about 40 years. After the first panic, I lost interest. After the second panic, I gave up in disgust. No more gun shows for me!

Flash

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    was there. seemed busy on Saturday but all in all was a slow-ish show. Aisles were small, tables tight together, uncomfortable to work. Surprisingly left with reloading supplies we thought would sell out. It might be hard to justify getting back down there next time unfortunately. It's hard to justify spending $600 to bring product to the local people when the people of the internet are more than willing to buy. Case in point. One local ahole wanted me to "eat the sales tax" on his purchase after asking me 'what's my best price' then on his behalf, reducing the quantity by 1/2. told him "try cabellas" and see if you can find the same deal, if it's even in stock. Ahole even came around and tried the same ploy on my wife.. I looked at him and eyeballed "Get the Eff Out" I'd rather spend my evenings shipping flat rate vs dealing with aholes trying to negotiate a deal below discount retail.

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    was there. seemed busy on Saturday but all in all was a slow-ish show. Aisles were small, tables tight together, uncomfortable to work. Surprisingly left with reloading supplies we thought would sell out. It might be hard to justify getting back down there next time unfortunately. It's hard to justify spending $600 to bring product to the local people when the people of the internet are more than willing to buy. Case in point. One local ahole wanted me to "eat the sales tax" on his purchase after asking me 'what's my best price' then on his behalf, reducing the quantity by 1/2. told him "try cabellas" and see if you can find the same deal, if it's even in stock. Ahole even came around and tried the same ploy on my wife.. I looked at him and eyeballed "Get the Eff Out" I'd rather spend my evenings shipping flat rate vs dealing with aholes trying to negotiate a deal below discount retail.

Agree all the tables were tight. Vendors had a hard time moving around. But seems like everyone I saw was trying to lowball someone. Guess people are out of funds so soon after Christmas. The bills on those cards are coming due now. But some folks were just outright lowballing every vendor hoping they could get a 'deal'.

Then again, some vendors were asking stupid money for a few things. Saw a CAI WASR they were asking almost $900 for. Guess it works on both sides of the table. I did pick up some odds and ends, and a few spare parts I wanted. But mostly it's just a way to get out of the house for a while and go fondle cool play toys.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    trying to negotiate a deal below discount retail.

That's the reason a lot of people go to gun stores. If you can't sell below retail, you should stick to retail channels. Don't get upset when people who are coming to pay admission and get good deals ask for a good deal.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    And I have noticed that the Premier shows are less well attended (on both sides of the table) than the High Caliber show. Though I will say that about mid-day Saturday the crowd appeared to be getting a little thicker. Guess I'll see at the High Caliber show this weekend.

But there are a few vendors who show up only for the Premier show. And one I typically pick up SOMETHING at their table about every time I go. So for me, it's worth the relatively short trip. But I wouldn't go to the GRB and pay the parking to go to one of the Premier shows.

Top Bottom