• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    Anyone going there on Saturday or ever been there before? I just got an invite and am super excited since it's been about 6 years since the last gun show I went to.

Hoping that maybe I can find a good deal on an an older Gen Glock 19 or Walther PPQ so I can start championizing with it before I get my CHL.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    GRB should have more and bigger vendors. Pasadena will tend to have more private sales.
    Shop Academy and a few gunstores before you buy as the best deal at the show might be higher than retail.

Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    I think there is also one at the Geo r Brown in Houston this weekend as well. make it a double tap.

I'll have to see if my girlfriend's father wants to do that but it is an excellent suggestion. :)

GRB should have more and bigger vendors. Pasadena will tend to have more private sales.
    Shop Academy and a few gunstores before you buy as the best deal at the show might be higher than retail.

I've been shopping around and have definitely heard that if you don't know what you're looking for then you can pay more than you should. Thanks for the heads up though, still.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    This weekend is different from any in the past.....................

The "High Caliber" Gun Show will be at Pasadena, usually the best of the shows that go there. $8 Adults.

The "Premiere" Gun Show will be at the GRB, not a regular promoter for shows here, maybe the Dallas folks can chime in on their quality. $8 Adults, also.

So don't think that the Pasadena show will be the poor one, it could be the best of the pair.

It's only when the Pasadena promoter is "Real" or "Saxet" gun shows, while the "High Caliber" show is at the GRB that the Pasadena show really sucks.

I will probably be at both one time or the other.

Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    This weekend is different from any in the past.....................

The "High Caliber" Gun Show will be at Pasadena, usually the best of the shows that go there. $8 Adults.

The "Premiere" Gun Show will be at the GRB, not a regular promoter for shows here, maybe the Dallas folks can chime in on their quality. $8 Adults, also.

So don't think that the Pasadena show will be the poor one, it could be the best of the pair.

It's only when the Pasadena promoter is "Real" or "Saxet" gun shows, while the "High Caliber" show is at the GRB that the Pasadena show really sucks.

I will probably be at both one time or the other.

Outstanding and thanks for the heads up! If you see a goofy looking guy with his mouth in awe and drooling, give me a wave. :)

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Lots of good info

I was at set up for both today and it looks like most of the major vendors have set-ups at both shows. The GRB show did look to have a few more of the cool non gun venders that normally only come for the Houston gun collectors shows (example the guy with the cool flags)

I will be at Pasadena this weekend two steps in the front door under the Rock River sign. Come by and say Hi

Hunter

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Interested to hear how the GRB show is. I'm unfamiliar with 'Premier' shows. I'd hate to spend $18 ($10 to park, $8 to get in) only to find it's another arts and crafts show with a few gun related tables.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The Pasadena show was packed. There was very little room to walk this morning. There were a lot of tire kickers, but the paperwork lines were non existent. Prices are what you would expect. Nothing special to see, just the usual suspects...
    As usual there was one guy dressed up like a mall ninja, with every kind of holster imaginable, filled with exotic weapons.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    The Pasadena show was packed. There was very little room to walk this morning. There were a lot of tire kickers, but the paperwork lines were non existent. Prices are what you would expect. Nothing special to see, just the usual suspects...
    As usual there was one guy dressed up like a mall ninja, with every kind of holster imaginable, filled with exotic weapons.

LOL, that had to have been Noah.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    Yep, Pasadena show was really packed -- at least the parking lots were. It was still walkable inside. They had one of the new Keltec bullpup shotguns -- first time I've seen one up close and personal.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Interested to hear how the GRB show is. ... I'd hate to spend $18 ($10 to park, $8 to get in) only to find...
    Maybe it's just me, but one of the things I like best about GRB shows is that I don't have to spend $10 to park then walk a mile. I just pull into the hotel, let the valet park it for $14 plus a small tip, then walk on into the hotel, up the escalator, across the covered bridge to the GRB, and take the escalator down to the show. During hot summers when all the close lots are full, the short walk in air conditioning from the hotel is worth the extra $5-$6 for me.

That being said, I'm only willing to pay for parking at GRB because I tend to find neat things there. It's usually a pretty good show. Just IMO, of course.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Hit both shows today. Did not pay for parking at either one. Parked on the street around the corner from the GRB and walked. It really was not that bad since all the bridesmaids were there in force.

Missed on deal at Pasadena, watched a guy sell his SMLE to a vendor for $100, and the Remington ammo for it at $10 a box. However I was able to get a Beretta .40 DAO from him for a good price. I would have bet he is a former cop as he had the receipt for the gun, type of gun, showed heavy holster wear, but internals looked brand new with crisp rifling and little wear once I took the slide off, LEO only magazine, etc. Did see the KelTech as mentioned above, pricey. Book guy was there with a few new titles.

The GRB show was also good. When I was there (11-12:30) it was far more crowded than the Pasadena show, hard to get through all the folks. Was surprised at all the flea market stuff they had mixed in. Kinda wish they would put the Egyptian cotton sheets, jewelry and other stuff off to the side. There was a lot of gun related stuff though, and the prices were good. Liked seeing some new vendors at the show.

Good way to spend a Saturday.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    The GRB show was also good. When I was there (11-12:30) it was far more crowded than the Pasadena show, hard to get through all the folks. Was surprised at all the flea market stuff they had mixed in. Kinda wish they would put the Egyptian cotton sheets, jewelry and other stuff off to the side. There was a lot of gun related stuff though, and the prices were good. Liked seeing some new vendors at the show.

That's one thing I hate about some of the 'gun' shows. They can kind of turn into flea markets with all the irrelevant stuff there. That's why I quit going to the 'Real' shows. They were arts and crafts shows with a few tables of gun-related stuff.

Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    I was at the show yesterday and there was a lot of cool stuff there. I got to handle all of the guns that I've been interested in and think I finally settled on the Walther PPQ (Hopefully this decision sticks) but now I just need to wait for a little bit better deal. Guess I'll be carrying my 92FS for a bit so I better get a nice, comfy, concealable holster for it.

Top Bottom