• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    If I don't have to work tomorrow, I'll probably go early in the morning. Want to sell a pistol (H&R 733) to help pay
    for a rifle that I'm buying from a friend.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Yep, I will be there tomorrow, carrying a couple of bayonets I need to trade off for some AR mags.

I'll be wearing my Thunder Ranch gun-show tee-shirt again with "some people just need to be shot" on the back. Flag me down and I'll buy you a Dr Pepper!

Do we have a secret password?

:p I'd think "TGT" should do it.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    It was a good show. I was there at 9am sharp and left at 11:30 with $4 in my pocket after grabbing up a bunch of .223, two extractors, some mags and 2 complete AR lower kits.

A fun day was had by all. :rolleyes: (I whispered TGT to several folks but only got strange looks)

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    LittleGun,
    After conferring with the staff we have decided that with your official Shiloh Indoor Pistols shirt you are at least 10% better looking. That is why it is the only shirt I wear. Absolutely a Chick Magnet.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    LittleGun,
    After conferring with the staff we have decided that with your official Shiloh Indoor Pistols shirt you are at least 10% better looking. That is why it is the only shirt I wear. Absolutely a Chick Magnet.

lol I knew I should have picked one of those up when I was there.. :D

I think we should make a requirement to wear a TexasGunTalk or Shiloh T-Shirt for every Houston gun show to help identify each other at the shows.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    10% is pretty good. I'll take it. I wore the shirt to the Pasadena Gun Show. A few people called me out. One guy said, "I haven't been to Shiloh in a long time." I invited him to come on down and shoot with me. The shirt got lots of looks, but there were no offers from hot chicks. They were probably overwhelmed by that 10%.

I looked for Cyfer and other TGT folk, but the place was packed. It was was hard to spot people. I walked around and held every model of handgun in the place. Sigs feel best in my hand. I am a Sig man. I found a CPO Sig P228 with night sights, in excellent condition. It came with two 13rd mags. I picked up a third mag, a Mec-Gar, to round out the set. I also examined the Sig Mosquito. I like the way it feels.

After visting the gun show, I sped on to Shiloh shooting range and tested out my new stuff. The DA pull on the P228 was very stiff, but I managed it. I think it will get smoother with a few thousand rounds. The SA action and trigger reset were good - no surprises. The slide takes more strength to pinch-and-pull, but I got used to it after a practicing a few mag changes.

I had a third pistol that evening. It was a Sig P225, the P6 version that seems to have flooded the market. When I bought it, I wasn't looking to buy, but the price was too good to pass up: $289 from Operators Edge in north Houston. I'll call it a P6 because that is what's stamped on its slide. The P6 was obviously used, but it didn't look like it had been fired much. It had surface wear that looked like it came from sitting in a holster for a long time. It came with two 8rd mags and tested perfect at the range. I'll see if I can find a third mag. I like 3-mag sets. I left the P6 with the Shiloh crew and asked them to give it a face lift. I'm getting it re-coated and its normal sight replaced with night sights.

Yes, it was another fun weekend for this Range Rat. Now all I have to do is pay for the new guns. Before today, I was saving money to buy some furniture. I don't need no stinkin' furniture. Give me ammo and range time.

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    I had a third pistol that evening. It was a Sig P225, the P6 version that seems to have flooded the market.

I saw some of those on the MGS tables, 285 with holster wear and 330 refinished. They were dated '81 thru '83 and had the mags/holster/box, anyone heard of what years had problems with feeding? I ask because somebody mentioned that certain ammo wouldn't run very well possibly due to casing design between various brands of ammo but the year of 225 also had sumthin' to do with it.

Is all that really just so much hearsay?

Been teasin' myself with buyin' one for almost 6 months now, probably gonna get one at the GRB show next weekend, I think at these prices they're an excellent value.

thanks,

t

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    It was a good show. I was there at 9am sharp and left at 11:30 with $4 in my pocket after grabbing up a bunch of .223, two extractors, some mags and 2 complete AR lower kits.

A fun day was had by all. :rolleyes: (I whispered TGT to several folks but only got strange looks)

The .45 from CC looked like a good deal at 28.50/100 so I picked up a few hundred rounds, got some 9mm too. Didn't see any AK parts I couldn't live without.

t

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    Today was a good day. I picked up a Spike's Tactical stripped lower to start my AR15 build, and my girlfriend purchased her first ever firearm, a Glock 17.

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    Porter, how did you get your girlfriend to buy a gun? Did you have to bribe her with something?

Nope, she moved here from California about 2 years ago, and was afraid of guns. I informed her that she didn't have to like them, but that she at least needed to understand how they worked, and how to use one effectively. A few weeks ago she discovered that she actually enjoys shooting 9mm. She particularly enjoyed shooting a friend's Glock 17. I couldn't be more proud of her. :D

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Nope, she moved here from California about 2 years ago, and was afraid of guns. I informed her that she didn't have to like them, but that she at least needed to understand how they worked, and how to use one effectively. A few weeks ago she discovered that she actually enjoys shooting 9mm. She particularly enjoyed shooting a friend's Glock 17. I couldn't be more proud of her. :D

I am the witness to all this. I had to definitely congratulate her yesterday for purchasing her first pistol and really doing some research on finding the pistol she liked the best and not just going out to buy some random no name pistol just cause it was small and had pink flames on it. She made a good decision based on her personal experience.

Top Bottom