• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Just saw on 13 where the Officer that was shot this morning died. That peoce of trash that shot him will most likely get a lighter sentence due to having "mental problems". It makes me sick just thinking about it. However, one of the officers got some hits on him and he is in critical condition! My heart and prayers go out to that Officer's family. He was a husband and father of two little girls.

rgriffin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dallas
    RIP Officer Hamilton

Tight-knit Pasadena PD mourns officer | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

A Pasadena police officer who had patrolled the streets for nearly five years was shot and killed early Friday by a man who had been released from jail less than 24 hours earlier, officials say.
    Officer Jesse Hamilton, 29, was shot in the head as he responded to a domestic call, known to be among the most volatile and dangerous calls for police.
    The suspect, Sergio Robles, 24, was shot seconds later by another officer. Robles was struck in the head and in serious condition late Friday at Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center.
    Police said Robles has been charged with capital murder and aggravated assault.
    The officer shooting death is the first in 16 years for the tight-knit Pasadena Police Department and the first for newly appointed Police Chief Mike Thaler, just six weeks on the job.
    “The tragedy of losing an officer who sits next to you in roll call or who you went on a call with is akin to losing a family member,” Thaler said. “In my estimation, law enforcement is a career where we are very much a family. When one is hurt, we all share in the pain.”
    Hamilton, a husband and father of two girls, joined the department in 2005. His supervisors and colleagues described Hamilton as a well-respected and hard-working officer, Thaler said.
    Hamilton's family could not be reached for comment. Thaler said Hamilton's wife told him that their daughters, 5 and 6, worshipped him.
    “That's what makes it all the more tragic,” Thaler said. “Two little girls will grow up without their daddy.”
    Hamilton was a 1999 Deer Park High School graduate and attended San Jacinto College before joining the Pasadena Police in January 2005.
    He had received three letters of commendation during his time on the force, and was named Officer of the Month in December 2005.
    Four Pasadena officers responded to a disturbance call made at 6:09 a.m. from a mobile home park near the intersection of Shaver and Queens, Assistant Police Chief Bud Corbett said. Hamilton was the first officer to arrive.
    Dispute began elsewhere

Robles, released from the Harris County Jail on Thursday after serving a DWI sentence, arrived at his mother's mobile home around 5 a.m. Friday. His wife and child had spent the night there after a domestic dispute elsewhere, Corbett said. The disturbance call more than an hour later indicated no guns involved.
    Corbett said Hamilton was talking to the mother on the porch when he learned Robles was armed, and he radioed that in around 6:25 a.m. Almost immediately after that, Robles came to the door and shot Hamilton in the head with a handgun, police said.
    At 6:29 a.m. an officer called dispatch to report shots fired and an officer down.
    Another officer pulled up in a cruiser and saw Robles on the porch near Hamilton's body. Corbett said the suspect, a gun still in his hands, turned toward the officer, who got out of his vehicle and shot Robles at least once.
    Both men were transported by helicopter to Memorial Hermann, where Hamilton was pronounced dead shortly after 7 a.m., Corbett said.
    Corbett said Robles' mother told police that her son had “psychological problems.”
    Pasadena's last death in the line of duty was in 1993, when officer Les Early was gunned down in a drug raid.
    Somber meeting

“It doesn't happen very often in Pasadena,” Corbett said. “We wish it was more rare than it is.”
    Hamilton is the third local law enforcement officer shot and killed in the line of duty this year. In 2008, two officers died from gunshot wounds on the job.
    Friday afternoon, Thaler called his ranks in to tell them what happened and to talk about how to deal with the tragedy. About 150 officers and civilian co-workers filled a meeting room at police headquarters. Many came in on their day off, Thaler said.
    With their emotions held in check, they listened in somber silence, hanging on to the chief's every word, Corbett said.
    The meeting ended with a discussion about helping Hamilton's family and how to best to honor his memory, Thaler said.
    Robles was charged with driving while intoxicated on July 17, according to Harris County court records. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 30 days on July 24.
    Court records also show that Robles was convicted of driving while intoxicated in Fort Bend County on June 10, 2008.
    After his arrest in July in Harris County, he initially was charged with a second-offense DUI. But Robles pleaded guilty and instead was convicted of a first-offense DUI, court records show.
    Credit for time served

Robles was booked into Harris County Jail on Aug. 8 to serve the 30-day sentence for DWI, said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Deputy Janie Alvarez-Wagner. She said Robles was discharged from the jail at 12:26 p.m. Thursday after serving about half of his sentence. She explained that he got two days credit for each day served in the jail, which she called standard practice.
    Alvarez-Wagner said the decision to give 2-for-1 credit is not up to the Sheriff's Office, and it is not because of crowding in the jails.
    The the court system makes decisions on time credits for inmates, the sheriff's spokeswoman said. “We just hold them and we abide by what the court system says.”
    Thaler said Robles paid his debt for his crime and that he would not second-guess the judicial system.
    “There are individuals out there in the world who are prone to violence,” he said. “In this circumstance, he was intent on killing an officer and unfortunately he succeeded.
    “We're going to make sure the investigation is tight and the prosecution is sound,” the police chief said.
    The Chronicle's Susan Carroll, Lindsay Wise and Mike Glenn

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    My prayers and best wishes to the family.
    I hope the perp dies in the hospital and saves us all a lot of money - f**kin waste of flesh!!!!!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    God I was just sitting here imagining when I was growing up if this had ever happened to my dad when he was on duty. Jesus christ there are some people that waste the air we breathe but this guy was not only a repeat offender but a complete insult on society and right of life in general... I don't wish death upon anybody but giving a person that shoots somebody that is just trying to protect the common welfare of all good hard-working Americans, Texans no less, the same treatmant as say a mother with three kids in a traffic accident is an abomination... We must have justice... Not retaliation but justice...

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I knew this fine young man, not well, but I had the pleasure of spending a couple of weeks in his presence and FINALLY my anger at his death is subsiding. Now, I'm overwhelmed at how I can best assure his family they will not unduly suffer due to his loss.

For those wishing to contribute to a memorial fund for Officer Hamilton, please contact Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union at the following numbers for more information: 281-487-9333 Toll Free: 1-800-683-3863.

Thanks everyone. This kid did not deserve to die like that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom