• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    If it's the "Real" gun show in Pasadena, I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Unless you want beef jerky, cheap jewelry, knock off watches, cheap knives, or wood carvings. I wouldn't go to another 'Real' show if it were across the street and admission was free. There might be one or two tables with guns, if you're lucky.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    There might be one or two tables with guns, if you're lucky.

That is a little hyperbole.

There will be a number of good vendors there, free parking and only $7 admission. Not a bad diversion for an hour or so. Not as good as a High Caliber show, but not a total flea market either.

Yeah, I will be there.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    A little hyperbole perhaps. But the last one I went to, there were two complete aisles where, apart from one guy selling small safes, there was nothing gun related on any of the tables. Heck, some folks with a gun shop just a few miles away went to the Conroe show this weekend rather than try to sell at the 'Real' show. I'd rather go to the range anyway.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I skipped this one but I'll catch the next one. Just keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Flash

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Since there were no other shows close to town this weekend, it had some good vendors. A number of the folks that set up at the GRB shows were there. Got a new Ruger 25 round 10-22 magazine from that guy has has the huge table at all the bigger show and sells rifle/pistol magazines and clips. The cool old book guy was there. Disappointed that the knife sharpening fellow was not there.

Better than most "Real" shows.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me about the High Caliber Shows? I'm in Austin but the wife is out of town the weekend of August 27. In Austin we get a Saxet show, which is OK, and a Texas show which is horrible. I noticed a High Caliber show in Pasadena that weekend. Would it be worth my while to drive down for it?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    The High Caliber shows are a LOT better than the 'Real' shows. The Pasadena center isn't huge. For me it's worth it, but it's only like a 20 - 30 minute drive depending on which way I go. If you're looking for a show that will take you all day to walk, I'd say no. You can walk all the aisles in about an hour and a half without rushing too much.

But the card I have says the Pasadena show is the weekend of the 27 - 28.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Thanks. There are a couple of things in Houston I've been meaning to do for a while, so I might just make a road trip out of it.

There's also one called The Original Fort Worth Gun show that same weekend (Aug 27-28). Anybody ever been to that one? It's a bit more of a drive, and I'd have no other reason to go to Fort Worth.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Well, I'll be at the Pasadena show on that Saturday. Need to find a range bag for this WASR I picked up as well as a couple mags for some 22 rifles. Still trying to decide if I want to try and sell my Dan Wesson revolver there.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I would not drive more than 45 minutes to go to a Pasadena or a Conroe show. They are very small and not worth the trouble.
    GRB and much more the big reliant shows are worth a multi hour drive.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I would not drive more than 45 minutes to go to a Pasadena or a Conroe show. They are very small and not worth the trouble.
    GRB and much more the big reliant shows are worth a multi hour drive.
    Agreed 100% and if you get there early parking on the street can be only a couple of bucks.

and with gasoline @ 3.55/ gal. close counts

Top Bottom