Pasadena TX Gun Show Report

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by TXBSAFH, Mar 21, 2009.

1. TXBSAFH

TXBSAFH Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Mad house. Ammo in short supply, few cases, all moving fast. Pistols moving quickly, I was waiting 35 minutes to sign for my latest Glock, I saw 4 other glocks being sold by just this one seller. Tacital rifles also moving quick. Prices on pistols about the same as this time last year, rifles a lot more pricey. A line was over 200 hundred yards long to get in at opening, 0900, at 1015 when I left they had the lot full, and were parking in the grass.

2. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I got there at 9:40. Got to the ticket window at 9:50, when I noticed a sign at the window sayiing .380 ammo was low. I couldn't even get to the guy selling ammo, because he was surrounded by people, 3 persons deep. I finally got close enough to buy what I wanted (except for .380 ammo, they were out), but then had to wait 15-20 minutes just to pay him. I can't remember seeing it that crowded. As TXBSAFH said, "Mad house".

3. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I arrived at 10:10. I should have taken the hint when I saw every lot full and over 100 cars in the grass on the west side. But on I trudged. The line was so long to get tickets I could not see the end, so I hesitated..... then when a guy I knew said the maximum capacity would soon be reached inside and it would be a wait to get inside, I gave up to go eat Mexican food.

I hope a good time was had by all. Without ME. :mad:

4. sf340b

sf340b New Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Sooo, I didn't miss anything?

5. Ruggles

Ruggles Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Was thinking of going on Sunday but I will pass, never liked crowds. Thanks for the update.

6. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Did you go to Mamacita's on Spencer?;) Like I said before, it WAS crowded. But I managed to get some ammo (.38 super) that I haven't been able to find. I was sorry about not getting any .380acp. I really like shooting my Bersa. I also bought an extra mag. for my Ruger 22/45 MkIII. I guess all in all I did ok for the 2 hrs. I was their.

7. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    As if that's the only Mexican place in Pasadena.

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Mamacita's is the the only really good Mexican place that's close to the Pasadena Convention Center, that I know of. Where do you like to go?

9. TXBSAFH

TXBSAFH Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Agreed. I eat there often.

10. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I do Mamacita's pretty often myself but the Border Cantina and Grill across the street is even better. I crave their crawfish enchiladas. They pour a real heavy gravy with little mudbugs in it over a couple of enchiladas and I swear I can live on them and not eat anything else.

But Saturday I grabbed up the bride and hit Mely's on NASA Parkway. At 10:55am you have your choice of a Mexican breakfast or lunch menu. May I suggest the beef fajita nachos! Enough chunks of chargrilled beef to satisfy even the most heart-broken gun owner.

Darn, now I'm hungry again. :tongueout: