• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I agree...the way to judge a good Mexican food joint it to see who's sitting at the tables. If you see mainly anglos...run...the food is terrible to average at best. If anything on the walls is written in English...again...walk out.

The best Mexican food is at the counter in the back of the many Mexican groceries around East Houston and Pasadena. Taqueria Arandas also is passable, but stay away from Casa Ole, Monterreys Little Mexico and Papacitas....thats NOT real Mexican food!

I only buy Mexican food from places where I am one of the only gringos in the place! LOL

- Brickboy240
    Guns International

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I understand the desire for authenic. I like the Greek version of Tex-Mex at Pappas

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I pay for beef I like to get beef.
    Most all the mexican places I eat at don't list "beef taco" or "beef this" or "beef that"

it's just "taco" or "quesadilla" or "torta"

Most of the places mentioned by brickboy use soymeat anyway, cuz they're not real mexican places.

Animal flesh is animal flesh. So long as it's prepared properly and tastes good, I don't see a problem.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    LOL, the places I go list 'BEEF FAJITAS QUESADILLAS' or 'BEEF FAJITA NACHOS' in English or I don't stay!

The first time I tried something I couldn't pronounce, it was beef alright.....but came from the cow's lips or tongue. I don't want boiled brain or rice & bean stuffed esophagus either.

Yeah, I'm a light-weight.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    LOL, the places I go list 'BEEF FAJITAS QUESADILLAS' or 'BEEF FAJITA NACHOS' in English or I don't stay!

The first time I tried something I couldn't pronounce, it was beef alright.....but came from the cow's lips or tongue. I don't want boiled brain or rice & bean stuffed esophagus either.

Yeah, I'm a light-weight.

Cow tongue (lengua)is pretty good, cow face (barbacoa) is pretty good, cow brain (sesos) is horrible. Saw something on tv about cow brain sandwiches being a big hit in 1900's - 1920's Chicago. Esophagus, I don't know.

Gun Show, there, back on topic.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Did you go to Mamacita's on Spencer?;) Like I said before, it WAS crowded. But I managed to get some ammo (.38 super) that I haven't been able to find. I was sorry about not getting any .380acp. I really like shooting my Bersa. I also bought an extra mag. for my Ruger 22/45 MkIII. I guess all in all I did ok for the 2 hrs. I was their.

carters in spring had some 38 super on saturday, march 28th...

Top Bottom