• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Mad house. Ammo in short supply, few cases, all moving fast. Pistols moving quickly, I was waiting 35 minutes to sign for my latest Glock, I saw 4 other glocks being sold by just this one seller. Tacital rifles also moving quick. Prices on pistols about the same as this time last year, rifles a lot more pricey. A line was over 200 hundred yards long to get in at opening, 0900, at 1015 when I left they had the lot full, and were parking in the grass.
    Hurley's Gold

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I got there at 9:40. Got to the ticket window at 9:50, when I noticed a sign at the window sayiing .380 ammo was low. I couldn't even get to the guy selling ammo, because he was surrounded by people, 3 persons deep. I finally got close enough to buy what I wanted (except for .380 ammo, they were out), but then had to wait 15-20 minutes just to pay him. I can't remember seeing it that crowded. As TXBSAFH said, "Mad house".

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I arrived at 10:10. I should have taken the hint when I saw every lot full and over 100 cars in the grass on the west side. But on I trudged. The line was so long to get tickets I could not see the end, so I hesitated..... then when a guy I knew said the maximum capacity would soon be reached inside and it would be a wait to get inside, I gave up to go eat Mexican food.

I hope a good time was had by all. Without ME. :mad:

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Was thinking of going on Sunday but I will pass, never liked crowds. Thanks for the update.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I gave up to go eat Mexican food
    Did you go to Mamacita's on Spencer?;) Like I said before, it WAS crowded. But I managed to get some ammo (.38 super) that I haven't been able to find. I was sorry about not getting any .380acp. I really like shooting my Bersa. I also bought an extra mag. for my Ruger 22/45 MkIII. I guess all in all I did ok for the 2 hrs. I was their.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Mamacita's is the the only really good Mexican place that's close to the Pasadena Convention Center, that I know of. Where do you like to go?

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I do Mamacita's pretty often myself but the Border Cantina and Grill across the street is even better. I crave their crawfish enchiladas. They pour a real heavy gravy with little mudbugs in it over a couple of enchiladas and I swear I can live on them and not eat anything else.

But Saturday I grabbed up the bride and hit Mely's on NASA Parkway. At 10:55am you have your choice of a Mexican breakfast or lunch menu. May I suggest the beef fajita nachos! Enough chunks of chargrilled beef to satisfy even the most heart-broken gun owner.

Darn, now I'm hungry again.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    A line was over 200 hundred yards long to get in at opening, 0900, at 1015 when I left they had the lot full, and were parking in the grass.

We were thinking about hitting the show coming to GRB 4/4-4/5 to look around.

If it's too crowded, we may hit Casa Garay, Fulton @ Cavalcade (45N/610), for some Mexican food. Their homemade tortillas (corn and flour) menudo, fajitas (mixta or ranchera) and carne guisada is hard to beat.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Mamacita's, Border Cantina, Casa Ole, they're all faux mexican.

If they don't speak Spanish there, I don't eat there.

I like the little taquerias in the back of the grocery stores.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I didn't know Mely's was still open. The Mely's in Pearland was our favorite restaurant until they closed. We're going to have to try the one's in Clear Lake area.

TXBSAFH, Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.:sign0101: This will be my last remark about restaurants.

By the way......Did anyone make it to the Pasadena gunshow today?

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    As I understand, the Mely's in Pearland moved to Clear Lake. It is our favorite too and only a couple of miles from our house.

I called a couple of buddies to see if they went to the gun-show today and both passed after hearing about the crowd yesterday.

Is this the future of gun-shows? Geez, I hope not. I remember when I could spend a relaxing few hours amongst friends. Those days may be gone.

This economic stimulus SUX.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    As I understand, the Mely's in Pearland moved to Clear Lake. It is our favorite too and only a couple of miles from our house.

I called a couple of buddies to see if they went to the gun-show today and both passed after hearing about the crowd yesterday.

Is this the future of gun-shows? Geez, I hope not. I remember when I could spend a relaxing few hours amongst friends. Those days may be gone.

This economic stimulus SUX.

I see it keeping up this way until at least 1-21-2013.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I went Sunday, was a decent show, walked out still carrying my AKS-74 though:(

Eli

I saw some tacical rifles moving on Saturday, but it was pistols that were selling hard. As I waited I saw 2 self proclaimed first time buyers doing paperwork. Also the NRA booth at teh entrance, had a line 10 to 20 deep that moring signing up.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    walked out still carrying my AKS-74 though:(

I walked out with the pistol I was trying to sell also. Might have sold it, if I hung around longer but I was ready to leave after a couple of hours.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    No, it was a Heritage Arms .17HMR revolver. Someone on the HTO forum wanted it, but he wasn't from the Houston area. TYhere was one guy that liked it, but he wanted to look around some. Never ran into him again.

I did see a vendor (center/right side) in the back of the building selling a couple of nice used Colt snubbies for about $550-$575.

Will try again at the next Gun show.

Top Bottom