Texas SOT

Pat Buchanan's article on the GOP selling out the Middle Class on behalf of business

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    ...or how America became just another third world cesspool.

profound thinking about stuff

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    We're fast becoming a rich/poor society, in the end USA will break up like the old soviet union or an internal war, IMO we are losing power/standing in the world. Greedy power hungry folks in business and government are working against the American people.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Republicans support capital and get their power basd upon people wanting traditional values and rights protected vs Democrats supporting labor but getting their power off of those who want class warfare, dont respect the Constitution or individual rights.

I'm increasingly seeing how the GOP has to be taken over, changed or replaced all together. When I was a younger man i thought we would be just fine if we had GOP control but as they have increasingly sold out to their corporate masters they have betrayed their base.

Amnesty for illegal immigrants is national suicide. It kills me to see nearly no politicians willing to enforce the law. I think Sen Sessions from Alabama (?) is one who is standing against amnesty.

If this amnesty goes through along with Obamacare and all of the capricious governing by EO/EA dictates then we are no longer a Republic.

What needs to happen is some senators and representatives need to be willing to fall on their swords and refuse to increase our debt limit so we have to actually confront our problem. To me the ever increasing federal debt is the #1 issue but also our best way to starve the beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I forgot to add that with respect to Buchanan's discussion about amnesty, illegal immigrants and the suppression of wages through the increase of cheap labor, it was actually under Reagan's Administration that Amnesty for illegal migrant workers was first introduced in 1986 and it was immediately followed by General amnesty at the end of his administration for all illegal immigrants who had been in the country for at least 7 years and had no criminal record. The Clinton Administration actually proposed and received increased funding for INS (now ICE) to modernize the agency that had languished with inadequate funding during the previous two administrations and modernized it to bring it to parity with the other agencies. The Clinton Administration also began aggressively deporting criminal and illegal immigrants in record numbers for that time (Obama Administration I believe has broken those record numbers but I don't have a source for that at the moment). So the fork in the road Buchanan speaks of for the Republican Party may have begun several years earlier, at least with respect to using immigration to increase the labor supply and suppress wages.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting article that causes one to pause and think about his points.

Top Bottom