DK Firearms

Pat Fallon's State Senate 30 seat up for grabs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I thought Fallon's campaign against Craig Estes was just a dirty campaign. Didn't take him long to move up the ladder. His support for Springer was a negative for me. Ads with Springer pushing his wife in a wheelchair are not a reason to get my vote. Early voted for Luther and hope she wins. Was not that impressed with Springers record in the house.
    Capitol Armory ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Luther was a school teacher, prior to becoming a small business owner. All 3 candidates tout their conservative credentials. I suspect that any of the 3 would be a better choice than was Mr. Fallon. W/ re: to Fallon & district 30, I always considered him to be a carpet-bagger.
    Yes, welcome to the Forum!

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Luther just visited our small, unincorporated, town who had an overflow crowd at the fire hall community center.

She is not a hairdresser - she owns the salon and rents space to hairdressers. When the police showed up, she did too. She rescues horses at her place in Pilot Point.

She has not only showed up, she has stood up, and spoken up.

She lit the place up. Solid conservative and in many cases true libertarian values. Term limits. No abortion. Cut government in half. Abolish property taxes - why should you have to rent your property from the county? Solid 2A and for constitutional carry.

She would be a voice of sanity and solid values in the Senate. Springer was against constitutional carry the past 3 elections. He is a good ol boy in the Austin boys club, who opposes term limits and admits he wants to be a career politician. He is heavily funded by lobbyists. She has a million dollar loan from a West Texas conservative. If she wins, she pays it back. She calls it a helping hand to the underdog. Every one of her donors is a single individual - no PACs or lobbying groups.

Abbott does not want her to win as she would upset the good old boys club in Austin. She is no fan of Abbott, in fact is suing him over the business shutdowns - which she says should never have happened and if she has her way, will never happen again.

Very staunch opponent of STARR tests, very much in favor of personal responsibility both for what your kids learn and for your own actions. She wants government OUT of the school business. She also wants LGBTQ and BLM propaganda out of the schools and out of the curriculum. She taught school and wrote school curriculums for 14 years, so she knows!

Interesting idea - she suggests counties send lobbyists - their own citizens - to Austin and use the tax money that currently goes to professional lobbyists to pay for it.

A Dallas cop was there, lives in our town. He apologized to her for what Judge Jenkins and the city of Dallas did to her. It wasn’t what he swore an oath to do. Oh, she’s suing Dallas and Jenkins, too, who are STILL trying to get her back into jail.

She has my wholehearted vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    It was a tossup for me between Hopper and Luther but I went with Hopper. My wife went with Luther.
    Now the race has come down to another runoff between Luther and Springer.

I'm going with Luther in that battle!!!(maybe in December?)

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I think the results are telling. People are pissed at government. Period. Unless something pops up that I’m not aware about I’ll vote for Luther in the runoff. **** em! I’m ready to shake this thing up.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    It was a tossup for me between Hopper and Luther but I went with Hopper. My wife went with Luther.
    Now the race has come down to another runoff between Luther and Springer.

I'm going with Luther in that battle!!!(maybe in December?)

Exactly the same here. Hate that Hopper didn’t have a stronger showing.

Onward/upward with Luther in the runoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I hope she gets to represent me so I can evaluate the long term.
    So many get in and then go DEEP STATE for their own gain.

Term limits are the answer. The longer you stay, the more the dangled carrot seems to allure.(just one more term and I will?)

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I hope she gets to represent me so I can evaluate the long term.
    So many get in and then go DEEP STATE for their own gain.

Term limits are the answer. The longer you stay, the more the dangled carrot seems to allure.(just one more term and I will?)

Springer has stated openly he wants to be a career politician. He wants to inhabit the swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Rather than start a new thread I figured I drag this one back to the top. Any of y’all in dist 30 still gonna vote in this runoff? I am and I’m sticking with Luther. It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I’m pretty sure many are tired of politics and expect to see a low turn out.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    She has almost no record, so it is hard to gauge her, but I found this on her web page:

"Your second amendment right is essential. I will fight to ensure that Texas leads with pro-gun laws by passing Constitutional Carry, legislation that is already in 15 other states. If you can legally purchase a firearm, you should be able to legally carry that firearm without having to pay the government and get permission."

On the other hand, Springer seems to have a solid, PROVEN record:

"SECOND AMENDMENT – I have consistently received top ratings from the NRA and TSRA because I am committed to protecting our right to bear arms. Since entering office, we have reduced and eliminated regulations on the use and ownership of firearms, including passing legislation to allow for open carry and campus carry. Every session I have authored and passed several 2nd Amendment bills including changing the classification of suppressors in Texas, reducing stringent finger-printing requirements, and removing the penalties for forgetful CHL holders at airports"

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Rather than start a new thread I figured I drag this one back to the top. Any of y’all in dist 30 still gonna vote in this runoff? I am and I’m sticking with Luther. It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I’m pretty sure many are tired of politics and expect to see a low turn out.
    Yes, voting for Luther too. That will make three votes, yours, my wife's and mine.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    They are all career politicians until they lose and cant get elected anywhere.
    Springer won his house seat again in November so he will be back either as a senator or in the house. He has covered his butt pretty good. I hope Luther wins but this will be one small election and I never saw any support for Trump from Springer. Will be less than interesting election and I doubt people will stand in line for this one. I plan on voting by mail if my county clerk ever gets me the forms.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I was looking at Springers voting record. Seems inline with most things I would like but he did vote a big NO on term limits. This is a big issue to me. I believe in term limits for all politicians. Example - Oklahoma’s Jim Inhoffe. While I agree with most of his political positions he’s been a politician for 53 years and he’s 86 years old.

C’mon man!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom