Patriot Mobile

Patrick promises to lower property taxes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I just saw a Patrick ad on TV where, among other things, he promised to lower property taxes. Can someone tell me how he is going to do that since the property taxes I pay are all local (county, city, schools, etc.)? None of the property taxes I pay go to the state.
    Texas SOT

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    He's a politician. If his lips were moving, that means he's lying. Especially when it comes to taxes, and that goes for any politician, regardless of the D or R after their name.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What about replacing property taxes with expanding sales tax to additional products?

Is vote for that in a heartbeat - assuming they didn't manage to somehow screw up that idea too.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I thought I read where he wants to reduce property taxes for the elderly and veterans.
    Austin just increased the over 65 exeption, so that does, in fact, reduce property taxes for those that qualify. But would that not be up to each taxing authority, and not the state? And he sure can't do it on his own, which is also how he made it sound.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Austin just increased the over 65 exeption, so that does, in fact, reduce property taxes for those that qualify. But would that not be up to each taxing authority, and not the state? And he sure can't do it on his own, which is also how he made it sound.

I really don't know. I'm only recently following Patrick.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Dan Patrick is whining on Facebook again this morning so I sent him this message:

Wanna get my attention? Pay your freaking bills. Pay your freaking taxes. Quit being a whiney little crybaby and tell us what your plans for recovery are. Admit that you have screwed up in the past and that you continue to screw up in the present and will most assuredly screw up in the future. You're a silver spoon having, entitlement minded, self aggrandizing screw up. It's okay. It's just you. Acceptance is a step toward recovery.

With great power comes great responsibility.

You want the power but have proven yourself to be incapable of accepting responsibility.

You can't even balance your own checkbook so why in the Hell do you think we should trust you with ours?

By the way I have a strong dislike for you because you are forcing me to vote for David Dewhurst; a man I dislike slightly less than I dislike you.

The Tea Party really dropped the ball on this one.

-Me

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    A lot of the exemptions and I believe max tax rates are set at the state level.

If you were to increase exemptions or lower max allowed tax rates, you could at the state level lower property taxes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom