Patriot Arms - Galveston -- BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by Kincaid, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Galveston
    I just had a very unpleasant experience with the owner of Patriot. Been in Tx a year, had a gun shipped to his shop - charged me $250 to transfer it to me upon arrival! Does not like Yankees - very prejudice and argumentive - even invoked the name of the President in a very rude manner. Go elsewhere!!!!!

2. 512Ram

512Ram Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    what?!!? $250 FFL fee?

Did you not inquire about their fee before you had the gun shipped to them? The highest i've heard of so far is $50.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There is more to this story...

4. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Galveston
    Actually, when you boil it down - there is no more to this story. Unless you want to involve the ATF stepping in - do you?? I was charged $250 to transfer my own gun back to my possession. Unless this FFL has a special fee for Yankees, or for people he suspects voted for Obama (I didn't) it boils down to -- $250 to transfer my handgun back to my possession.

5. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    What kind of handgun is it?

6. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    The ATF doesn't set a transfer fee. The shop does so I don't see how the ATF involvement will help you.

Also, please be careful with your tone, especially when directed at the owner of this forum who has no affiliation with the store in question.

7. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Galveston
    Patriot Arms

Sorry - meant no disrespect to the owner/manager of this forum. I just had a very unpleasant experience. Had to call the ATF down from Houston to get the gun released. Owner relented - but - nailed me with a $250 transfer fee as final insult. I can file a complaint with the ATF even if they have no direct regulatory authority - they keep files. I also filed with the BBB. See, this person not only gouged, but was very abusive and insulting in the process.

8. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Galveston
    It was a Bond Firearms "Ranger" model - .410/.45

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    All I am saying is there are always 2 sides to the story.

I work in a gun store in Austin. I'm aware of how things transpire many times.

10. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Galveston
    Yes, you are correct, there is more from his perspective I'm sure. But, Sir, the bottom line is the man is in business to provide a licensed service. It isn 't his job to judge, be argumentative, verbally abuse, etc. A firearm showed up at his place of business, he knew before hand it was coming, there was a question of residency - that's it. Instead of working with me, looking at my 10 months of rent receipts, asking for some guidance from the ATF (if needed), he set out on some sort of personal attack. I'm 61 years old, a veteran, licensed to carry a concealed weapon (Pennsylvania - reciprocal in TX), multiple gun owner, federal employee - I'm not a criminal. Fortunately, for me, I met a reasonable ATF Agent who in 15 minutes cleared up the situation. My take is that this FFL didnt like it and charged me a punitive fee of $250 to transfer my gun back to my possession. That's the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.