• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I stopped in this pawn shop for a quick looksee, and the only thing that caught my eye from their meager selection was a black shotgun with extended mag tube. I saw the price tag of $199 and I thought it's probably a Maverick 88. If I'm lucky it'll be a Mossberg 500.

Upon looking at the bottom of the receiver, I see the word Mossberg and the numbers 590 and 12 ga.

I couldn't say "I'll take it!" fast enough. I put it on layaway. It was in excellent condition, 20" barrel, heat shield.

Looks just like this.

Guns International

pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    One thing I hated about California was the 10 day waiting period, especially if I had gotten a really good deal or haggled down the price. It gave them time to see how much they could've made on somebody else and I was always afraid they would say:

"man, I should have not brought it down that much. Let me swap out his trigger group for a crappier one, since it's still here"

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I talked to the pawnshop people. They said they've been getting a bunch of guys coming in to look at their guns all of a sudden. LOL (just kidding)

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    This is incredible. I just found another Mossberg 590 in a Houston pawn shop. I asked them how much. They said $219. I asked will you take $200 out the door? They said, uh...okay.

So, I took it home. Meanwhile, the first 590 for $199 is still in layaway. Do these guys not know how much the Mossberg 590 is worth?

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Can you take me shopping with you?

Oh, and I'll give you $225 for the 590.

Funny but true, I was actually shopping for a Bible on CD at the Christian bookstore, but the price was too high - $79! So, I wandered into the pawn shop next door and I find this.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I recently went to a pawn shop and was looking for a somewhat cheap 9mm pistol, but it seemed to me like the pawn shop prices were closer to new gun prices than used, anyone else noticing any problems similar?

Also, what would be a good used 9mm to look for? I currently have a Glock 23 .40s&w, and a Colt 1911 .45acp. I was looking for a $200-300 price range for a used gun, however I guess I'm going to have to up my price range and if that's the case I might as well buy a new one.

Top Bottom