Pawnshop find - Bersa Thunder 380 - good deal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Bersa Thunder 380 and three factory mags. $200 OTD. Good deal?

Do you like these guns?

Lynx Defense

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    I think they are ok. I had one for a few years. I wouldn't carry it just because I don't trust it to feed every time no matter what. But It's tons of fun at the range. I paid $220 brand new in like 2006 and they have gone up since then Kinda wish I hadn't sold it. That one looks like it has Aftermarket grips. The only other thing I don't like about it is that it has like nine thousand safetys. Anyway to answer your question; Yes I do think it is a good deal.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    We recommende them for the CCL class.They are very accurate as the barrels are pinned to the frame.I have over 3000 rounds thru mine and only a few fte.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Have never owned nor shot one. I have heard positive comments on the different forums. Seems like a reasonalbe deal from all I have heard and read.

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I have one and carry it daily-- Price is right on them and they seem reliable. I have fired probably about 1K in mine and have had no issues, even with the Pro Mag second mag I bought. I also bought a Fobus paddle holster for mine--

I recommend them-- good luck!

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    My dad's first handgun was a Bersa 8-shot .22 in what I think was the late 1980's. The gun would jam at least twice while firing a single magazine. That's all I remember about it: the gun was cheap and the quality was terrible.

But granted that's over 20 years ago, I have no experience with the recent ones.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I did not have good luck with mine. I purchased a new one in 2005 and it would not feed ball ammo reliably, so I traded it back to the gun shop. This does not mean that they are all bad, but the one I bought ruined my taste for Bersa. All you can do is buy it, shoot it and see if it works for you. After all, the price is cheap enough. As for me, I will stick with my Sigs.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Checked online prices at GB and whatnot, seems like you got a fair deal on the price. Never shot one myself, but hear they're pretty decent firearms.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Checked online prices at GB and whatnot, seems like you got a fair deal on the price. Never shot one myself, but hear they're pretty decent firearms.

that is a good deal on a Bersa, the one pictured also has the after market grips on it. I have three Bersa's, two .380 thunders and a CC version. All are reliable and work horses.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    From all the good things I've heard about them and pricing I've seen I would say that you indeed received a good deal. Now go shoot it and tell us how you like it!

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    We bought one for my wife back in 06' cause it was the only thing that fit her small hands eal well. Never had a problem with it i can't shoot it very well the grips aren't long enough for my hands but it works for her, but now she found a nickel j frame smith she really wants so i may get that for her but we'll see.

Top Bottom