• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    My local paper, the Hondo Anvil Herald had an article from this last Thursday's issue (always cover statewide stuff) that is titled, "Draft budget bars tax dollars for Paxton settlement". Paxton wanted to use $3.3M in taxpayer money to pay a settlement with the whistleblowers who ratted him out. The paper also indicated that the House & Senate are closing in on agreement on the property tax cuts. They appear to be much closer than before and Gov. Abbott told them they best get 'er done.

Reactions: Eli

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Paxton’s been changing venues to draw out going to trial.
    Not that I remember. But I don't follow that stuff.

Here’s a timeline from 2015 thru 2020:

This article rehashes the above and adds to it the current info about the whistleblowers.

He also apparently admitted to having an affair in 2018, the same year his wife was elected a state Senator.

If he’s actually impeached, she’ll be a voting member of the Senate in that trial. No conflict of interest there.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    House has voted to impeach. Goes to senate now. I don’t have an opinion on him. Gov appoints someone in the meantime.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    9020456D-4DE3-488B-BE94-29ECB5EAD3DE.jpeg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Maybe getting rid of RINO Drunken Dud Phelan first would be a good idea, then we won't have democrats running committees, eh? Notice the impeachment only came up after Paxton (the day before) said: “After much consideration, it is with profound disappointment that I call on Speaker Dade Phelan to resign at the end of this legislative session. Texans were dismayed to witness his performance presiding over the Texas House in a state of apparent debilitating intoxication.”Paxton said that House Speaker Dade Phelan needs to resign after being in a state of “apparent debilitating intoxication” while presiding over the House. What a coincidence, eh? There's no one slimier than Dud Phelan, the "republican" that spends most of his campaign time speaking at DEMOCRAT fund raiser events.

Here is raw video of him. He's drunk as a skunk.

And a Facebook entry by County Judge Mark Keough. For what it's worth, and for me, an appointment from Abbott, I don't have a problem with, as long as it ain't a Bush.

Later today the Texas House of Representatives is expected to take up Articles of Impeachment against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. As a former State Representative and now as County Judge, I have serious concerns about this attempt to undermine the will of the citizens of this great state. This is nothing more than an attempt to thwart the duly elected Attorney General who has seen success after success in federal court against the overreaching federal government under Presidents Obama and Biden

General Paxton is a true friend who has helped me tremendously throughout my tenure as a public servant. While in the House, I could count on Ken to answer any call regarding pending legislation that I may have had questions on. More recently as County Judge, Ken advised me on the legalities of all the crazy COVID restrictions undertaken in Texas and was instrumental in my decisions to keep Montgomery County open by providing me the legal foundation to help me make the best decisions, because of which we are stronger than ever for it!

But despite our friendship, my resolve to take a stand today is due to the lack of legal grounds the legislature has on the proceedings it is about to undertake. Only a few legislators at this point have been allowed to be involved in the ethics committee’s process and despite Texas Government Code allowing the full house to compel testimony, only hired guns who once served in the bowels of the Harris County Justice System were allowed to investigate and ask the questions leading to articles of impeachment.

Texas law is pretty clear on the surface of a layman’s reading. No officer of this state may be impeached from office for an act the officer may have committed before the officer's election to office. Attorney General Ken Paxton was overwhelmingly elected to the office of Attorney General in November of 2022 and was sworn in earlier this year. In Montgomery County alone, he received over 73% of the vote. The Articles of Impeachment drafted by the General Ethics Committee in the Texas House conveniently withhold the alleged dates to which the alleged offenses occurred.

So as a former member of the Texas House, I do not believe the full House membership has had the ability to review evidence, witness statements, or anything to substantiate these Articles of Impeachment. I am a staunch proponent of due process and it’s very clearly lacking in this case. For these reasons I would boldly vote NO on the question of Impeachment and get back to work passing a balance budget, property tax reforms and so many other conservative pieces of legislation about to die by the clock.The DC swamp is proudly supporting the efforts to impeach and that is all we really need to know about what will take place later today. I pray the Texas House quickly resolves this mistake, overwhelming rejects this farce and votes NO, respecting the will of the voters and quickly getting back to the real business before it. The clock is ticking and Texans deserve the victories in Austin we elected our members to achieve and this is NOT one of them.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wonder how much Walgreens is giving to Phelan?

You mean Paxton? Likely none. There’s a total of ten companies that settled with the state to avoid individual lawsuits from about 600 political subdivisions in Texas. You can find all the for details below.

4a6bd4ba726d59a3763d035adff05fb3.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

As a rule, the “Addictionology” Mob; Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers; always finds that there is a problem needing treatment.

And, that the length of that needed treatment always coincides exactly with the amount of insurance coverage.

Back when I was a Family Doc, I had to intervene several times to stop a manufactured tragedy.

I used to stop them by this simple challenge: “OK, let’s you & I, or you and your patient, go into a room with nothing but a pitcher of water and two glasses; and let’s see who has to get-up to take a drug, any drug, first!”

They knew better than to try.

Yet, families, courts, agencies, etc. still tend to believe them.

They are a stain on American Medicine !

leVieux

p.s. In Texas, the “CPS” goons are even worse !

<>

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    This is Paxton's punishment for filing lawsuits to stop Biden from stealing the 2020 Election.

List of Texas House Representatives who support election theft, and President Biden:

Allen; Allison; Anchía; Ashby; Bailes; Bell, K.; Bernal; Bhojani; Bonnen; Bowers; Bryant; Buckley; Bucy; Bumgarner; Burns; Burrows; Button; Cain; Campos; Canales; Capriglione; Cole; Collier; Cook; Cortez; Darby; Davis; Dean; DeAyala; Flores; Frank; Frazier; Gámez; Garcia; Gates; Gerdes; Geren; Gervin-Hawkins; Goldman; González, J.; González, M.; Goodwin; Guerra; Guillen; Harris, C.J.; Hefner; Hernandez; Hinojosa; Holland; Howard; Hull; Hunter; Jetton; Johnson, A.; Johnson, J.D.; Johnson, J.E.; Jones, J.; Jones, V.; Kacal; King, K.; King, T.; Kitzman; Klick; Kuempel; Lalani; Lambert; Landgraf; Leach; Longoria; Lopez, J.; Lopez, R.; Lozano; Lujan; Manuel; Martinez; Martinez Fischer; Metcalf; Meyer; Meza; Moody; Morales, C.; Morales, E.; Morales Shaw; Muñoz; Murr; Neave Criado; Noble; Ordaz; Orr; Ortega; Patterson; Perez; Plesa; Ramos; Raney; Raymond; Reynolds; Rogers; Romero; Rose; Rosenthal; Shaheen; Sherman; Shine; Smith; Spiller; Stucky; Talarico; Tepper; Thimesch; Thompson, S.; Troxclair; Turner; VanDeaver; Vasut; Vo; Walle; Wilson; Wu; Zwiener.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hogwash.
    Paxton pissed in republican Cheerios this time. Threatening his fellow party members was a stupid, thuggish move.
    It will be surprising if the Senate doesn’t convict his slimy ass.
    There are plenty of better candidates with dignified panache who can sue the feds without being an embarrassment to the Lone Star State.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Paxton was registered for while, then temporarily dropped out. Real problem was investors lost $ and got ticked at him. . Would have been a non-issue had the investors not lost $. Similar to the Brady/Crypto problem. Court changes were about pay for the prosecution lawyers!!
    Recommending a person for a job isn't against the law - for ANYONE. And the gal recommended had worked for a Texas Lawmaker!!

Texas Tribune isn't exactly a conservative rag - I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Nah, nothing unethical about recommending you side piece for a job with a big donor.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    You mean Paxton? Likely none. There’s a total of ten companies that settled with the state to avoid individual lawsuits from about 600 political subdivisions in Texas. You can find all the for details below.

4a6bd4ba726d59a3763d035adff05fb3.jpg

No, I mean Phelan, Paxton was part of the suit, and made enemies, who "donate" to scum like Phelan, to get their way, or revenge!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Republicans voted 3:1 to impeach Paxton, and with good reason: He's a crook, he was a crook before he took office, he's been selling his office, and has been a disgrace to Texas his entire tenure. Don't let the 'good' he's done distract you, it was just a cover for his corruption.
    Paxton can look forward to numerous civil trials and a lot of asset forfeiture in the coming years, and spending his retirement at taxpayer expense in decidedly spartan accommodations.

Eli

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Republicans voted 3:1 to impeach Paxton Nope, just RHINOS in House. Talk about crooks, how a bout that old Ft Worth Geezer that gets up and announces Paxton 'threatened' several Reps before the vote? Let those threatened speak for themselves! Total political sham - even if Paxton were guilty.
    Looking at the financials, no wonder Tx Leg is so bad. So maybe a B$ given to Tx lawmakers?

Top Bottom