• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013

Sounds like a bunch of contrived BS to me. Paul seems to have a ot of buniness problems and Paxton dealings with Paul 'appear' to be a problem.
    IMHO, it's just the long continues effort to dump Paxton. Many claims appear to state voter 'suppression' but the law suits against him (and the non-convictions) were well known to the public.
    For Texas, he's probably done more for us than any previous AG.
    Gun Zone Deals

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ken Paxton is slimy and never should have been re-elected. I’m glad he’s going through this for asking the lege for $3.3M to settle the lawsuit for firing whistleblowers, along other things.

In an effort to help [Nate] Paul with various legal troubles, investigators said they believe Paxton committed possible crimes and ignored subordinates who warned that what he was doing was illegal. Investigator Donna Cameron said these include the felony offenses of:

* Abuse of official capacity, for allegedly diverting senior employees to perform work that benefited Paul, providing at least $72,000 in taxpayer-funded labor costs.
    * Misuse of public information, for allegedly providing Paul with an internal FBI file related to an investigation into the developer.
    * Misapplication of fiduciary property, for allegedly hiring an outside lawyer for $25,000 to work inside the attorney general’s office, without the knowledge or consent of senior staff, to perform work that principally benefited Paul.

The AG should always conduct themself in a manner of being above reproach.

I hope he’s removed from office. There’s far better options out there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    At least two.
    3 now.
    IMG_7033.jpeg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Published testimony that Paxton's wife wanted granite counter tops, 'builder says that will be 20k$ extra, Ken says let me talk to Paul.'
    So Paul is the general on the project? Who doesn't go to the general to ask for a price reduction? I got a 10% reduction in burial plan by just asking yesterday.
    He had problems with business partners yrs ago, normal 'I lost money in investments' claim. Continued with his old staff. Now with his tiff with Phelan, all stops out to dump him.
    So who are the better choices Todd?
    I don't know him or his wife, nor any business with either.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …So who are the better choices Todd?
    I don't know him or his wife, nor any business with either.

Louie Gohmert or Eva Guzman, both primaried him. Paxton’s had problems for years, to include being under a state indicment since 2015 that’s still pending trial as well as having been disciplined by the State Securities Commission for soliciting without a license.

That’s not even including firing the whistleblowers that’s led to a tentative $3.3M settlement for breaking that law.

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    Ken Paxton is slimy and never should have been re-elected. I’m glad he’s going through this for asking the lege for $3.3M to settle the lawsuit for firing whistleblowers, along other things.

The AG should always conduct themself in a manner of being above reproach.

I hope he’s removed from office. There’s far better options out there.
    Maybe getting rid of RINO Drunken Dud Phelan first would be a good idea, then we won't have democrats running committees, eh? Notice the impeachment only came up after Paxton (the day before) said: “After much consideration, it is with profound disappointment that I call on Speaker Dade Phelan to resign at the end of this legislative session. Texans were dismayed to witness his performance presiding over the Texas House in a state of apparent debilitating intoxication.”Paxton said that House Speaker Dade Phelan needs to resign after being in a state of “apparent debilitating intoxication” while presiding over the House. What a coincidence, eh? There's no one slimier than Dud Phelan, the "republican" that spends most of his campaign time speaking at DEMOCRAT fund raiser events.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    under a state indicment since 2015 -- so?
    As texas DMV says, guilty until proven innocent.
    Guess the Leg. thinks the same way.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Paxton’s been changing venues to draw out going to trial.
    Not that I remember. But I don't follow that stuff.

Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    I'm listening to the house floor debate now on the KXAN ap.
    There are some toe curling charges against him and his friends are doing the charging.
    Or now ex-friends.
    Dude is toast unless the fix is in.

Top Bottom