• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    If they hadn't wasted the taxpayer time on this nonsense, they could have put their efforts into coming to some agreement with the Senate on the property tax legislation. If you survey the Texas voters you will find property tax relief about 1,000 points ahead of the Paxton issue
    Texas SOT

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Republicans voted 3:1 to impeach Paxton, and with good reason: He's a crook, he was a crook before he took office, he's been selling his office, and has been a disgrace to Texas his entire tenure. Don't let the 'good' he's done distract you, it was just a cover for his corruption.
    Paxton can look forward to numerous civil trials and a lot of asset forfeiture in the coming years, and spending his retirement at taxpayer expense in decidedly spartan accommodations.

Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Y'all really don't seem to be getting it, or y'all enjoy being sodomized. Do y'all know why Paxton was impeached?
    Step 1: Paxton did illegal stuff - a lot of illegal stuff - including bribery and abuse of office.
    Step 2: Whistleblowers - eight of his top aides - sounded the alarm.
    Step 3: Paxton fired the whistleblowers, in violation of the law - which he is supposed to be enforcing!
    Step 4: Paxton demanded the Legislature pay $3.3mm to settle a lawsuit against him.
    Paxton is a criminal, he is going to be removed from office and likely spend the rest of his life in prison. If Paxton were a D instead of an R, some of y'all would be leading the lynch mob instead of defending a man that is likely the most corrupt Republican of my lifetime!

Republicans voted 3:1 to impeach Paxton Nope, just RHINOS in House. Talk about crooks, how a bout that old Ft Worth Geezer that gets up and announces Paxton 'threatened' several Reps before the vote? Let those threatened speak for themselves! Total political sham - even if Paxton were guilty.
    Looking at the financials, no wonder Tx Leg is so bad. So maybe a B$ given to Tx lawmakers?
    It's disgraceful that any Republican lawmakers didn't vote to impeach, given the amount of evidence against Paxton.

Facts are 'crazy' now?

Eli

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I find it comical some seem to think this is a Phelan VS Paxton debate. Fire them both!
    Paxton IS, HAS BEEN, AND WILL BE A CROOKED SLIMY CROOK!
    Phelan is a (apparently drunk) RINO who appoints Democrats to committee chairs.
    They are BOTH scum.
    I really want to know how anyone who considers themselves a fiscal conservative can support paying $3.3 Million in taxpayer dollars for Paxton’s settlement.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Y'all really don't seem to be getting it, or y'all enjoy being sodomized. Do y'all know why Paxton was impeached?
    Step 1: Paxton did illegal stuff - a lot of illegal stuff - including bribery and abuse of office.
    Step 3: Paxton fired the whistleblowers, in violation of the law - which he is supposed to be enforcing!
    Step 4: Paxton demanded the Legislature pay $3.3mm to settle a lawsuit against him.
    Paxton is a criminal, he is going to be removed from office and likely spend the rest of his life in prison. If Paxton were a D instead of an R, some of y'all would be leading the lynch mob instead of defending a man that is likely the most corrupt Republican of my lifetime!

It's disgraceful that any Republican lawmakers didn't vote to impeach, given the amount of evidence against Paxton.

Facts are 'crazy' now?

Eli
    Bravo, sir.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How quickly we forget Dennis Bonnen and Pancho Navarrez.

Alas, the lege has tradtitonally handed out a few committee chairs to the opposition. Patrick did it again this year in the Senate as well. Right or wrong is a matter of opinion, but the fact it happens in both chambers and has for a long, long time is undisputed.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    How quickly we forget Dennis Bonnen and Pancho Navarrez.

Alas, the lege has tradtitonally handed out a few committee chairs to the opposition. Patrick did it again this year in the Senate as well. Right or wrong is a matter of opinion, but the fact it happens in both chambers and has for a long, long time is undisputed.
    If this is directed at my comments concerning Phelan, I assure you I have forgotten nothing.
    Bonnen was also a worthless bolsa de caca that i only wish I could forget.
    I have long held Maryland Dan is a closet liberal that just knows how to play the base and get elected(and re-elected). How long did he delay open carry in Texas?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this is directed at my comments concerning Phelan, I assure you I have forgotten nothing.
    I have long held Maryland Dan is a closet liberal that just knows how to play the base and get elected(and re-elected). How long did he delay concealed and then open carry in Texas?
    <>

”Maryland Dan is a closet liberal”

BINGO !

You just won this round. . . . . .

leVieux

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I have long held Maryland Dan is a closet liberal that just knows how to play the base and get elected(and re-elected). How long did he delay open carry in Texas?

It wasn’t directed at anybody in particular; I have no problems with the quote function.

I don’t have an opinion one way or the other on Phelan other than he passed a clean permitless carry bill (literally two page) that DP did what DP always does to the 2A community which is **** them at the drive thru.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wasn’t directed at anybody in particular; I have no problems with the quote function.

I don’t have an opinion one way or the other on Phelan other than he passed a clean permitless carry bill (literally two page) that DP did what DP always does to the 2A community which is **** them at the drive thru.
    <>

”D P” has been itching to be the Governor his entire life !

May not be as bad as Lloyd Doggett ?

Or SJL. . . . . .

TEXAS has had some strange politicos, too ! Fergusons, Hoggs, Parr’s of Duval, & the ultra-EVIL “LBJ”.

Oh well, we’ll survive again.

I hope !

leVieux

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    As more info comes out, Paxton is sounding worse and worse. He made is bed and now has to lay in it.

Phelan has been DPing us for the last two (as my crappy memory serves me) legislative sessions. I'd love to see him get his comeuppance as well.

I am concerned and curious as to what effect this will have on the suppressor lawsuit. Hopefully Paxton's fall (looking inevitable at this point won't result in another United States vs Miller situation.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

Facts are 'crazy' now?

Eli
    Yeah, I have not, cannot, and will not be a fan of anyone who is trying to cover for Paxton. He's got problems and it's best they were dealt with.

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    The Office of the Attorney General (“OAG”) released a comprehensive report that unequivocally refutes incorrect testimony that was heard in the Texas House General Investigating Committee. Based on the inaccuracies, falsehoods, and misstatements provided in that testimony, the Texas House chose to proceed with the illegal impeachment of Attorney General Paxton.

The General Investigating Committee’s politically motivated investigation against Attorney General Paxton is predicated on long-disproven claims grounded in hearsay and gossip. In August of 2021, after nearly a year of diligent investigation into these claims from former employees, the Office of the Attorney General released an exhaustive report that ultimately refuted each of the former employees’ allegations. In that report, the OAG stated it would further investigate the allegations and supplement as necessary. Subsequently, the OAG retained an outside law firm to conduct further investigation into the claims of retaliation by the former employees.

This law firm investigation culminated in a report that documents the OAG’s legitimate, non-retaliatory grounds for terminating each of these individuals. This report, along with other clarifying and ultimately exonerating information, could have been readily available to the committee investigators had they merely asked.

Furthermore, an official from the Office of the Attorney General was physically present at a hearing of the House General Investigating Committee on Thursday, May 25. The official offered to testify and sought to inform the House General Investigating Committee about this matter, including by supplying the report, which the official had a physical copy of with him. However, the House General Investigating Committee specifically chose to ignore the official’s offer to testify because they were narrowly focused on advancing an illegal action that would disenfranchise voters who duly elected the Attorney General. They were not interested in the truth. They were interested only in crafting a highly curated, one-sided case to overthrow the will of the voters.

In light of the irresponsible, unfounded, and illegal impeachment of Attorney General Paxton, the Office of the Attorney General is now releasing the report.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Anything produced by that crook’s office at this stage of the game has 0 credibility.

”I am not a crook”
    - Richard M. Nixon

Adios mofo.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    The Office of the Attorney General (“OAG”) released a comprehensive report that unequivocally refutes incorrect testimony that was heard in the Texas House General Investigating Committee. Based on the inaccuracies, falsehoods, and misstatements provided in that testimony, the Texas House chose to proceed with the illegal impeachment of Attorney General Paxton.

The General Investigating Committee’s politically motivated investigation against Attorney General Paxton is predicated on long-disproven claims grounded in hearsay and gossip. In August of 2021, after nearly a year of diligent investigation into these claims from former employees, the Office of the Attorney General released an exhaustive report that ultimately refuted each of the former employees’ allegations. In that report, the OAG stated it would further investigate the allegations and supplement as necessary. Subsequently, the OAG retained an outside law firm to conduct further investigation into the claims of retaliation by the former employees.

This law firm investigation culminated in a report that documents the OAG’s legitimate, non-retaliatory grounds for terminating each of these individuals. This report, along with other clarifying and ultimately exonerating information, could have been readily available to the committee investigators had they merely asked.

Furthermore, an official from the Office of the Attorney General was physically present at a hearing of the House General Investigating Committee on Thursday, May 25. The official offered to testify and sought to inform the House General Investigating Committee about this matter, including by supplying the report, which the official had a physical copy of with him. However, the House General Investigating Committee specifically chose to ignore the official’s offer to testify because they were narrowly focused on advancing an illegal action that would disenfranchise voters who duly elected the Attorney General. They were not interested in the truth. They were interested only in crafting a highly curated, one-sided case to overthrow the will of the voters.

In light of the irresponsible, unfounded, and illegal impeachment of Attorney General Paxton, the Office of the Attorney General is now releasing the report.
    If you're buying that tripe, I have a bridge to sell you!

Eli

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The Office of the Attorney General (“OAG”) released a comprehensive report …
    for attribution purposes, that release came from:

Taxpayers have been bulled at a rate of $540/hr since 202 for the outside counsel to work on the documents posted in the source link. The associate counsel bulled at $350/hr, and the paralegal at $215/hr. The counsel was originally hired to defend the OAG in the original whistleblower case.

Their report is here:

OAG staff effectively white-labelled it and released it here.

Top Bottom