• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Nothing more frustrating then when you get home from the gun store and realize you bought the wrong size part for your gun and the gun store is already closed. And it's a holiday the following day so you have to wait 2 days until you can swap out for the right part. Happend to me on Monday. I was in a hurry and I met to get a flash hider for a 300 blackout barrel and by mistake bought one for a 5.56 barrel. Now I have to wait until I get off of work to swap it out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

seacam

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Austin
    Just did the same thing with a decapper. Needed a small and got a large one. Of course they didn't have the small when I went back so I had to order online and now a week wait for hem to come in.
    Fortunately I stole one from another set of dies that uses a small one. But then I broke the table top I had my press mounted to. This has not been my day.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    My 300blk is threaded 1/2x28 just like a 5.56.

It helps to take the gun with you to be sure you have the right part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Yours may be ...... but mine is 5/8 x 24 (as are all the others I looked at for 300BLK).

My .25-45 Sharps barrel is also threaded 5/8 x 24, can't imagine any barrel bored larger than .223 having the 1/2 x 28 threads so a too small diameter brake or flash suppressor can be installed.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yeah sounds effing dangerous. And where do you find muzzle attachments that are for the right caliber?

Actually I have a 9mm that is also 1/2x28. There is plenty of meat to take the pressure.
    It's easy to find thread attachments that fit because I just buy standard 5.56 attachments and then drill them out to the 9mm. I don't worry too much about putting a 5.56 cal flash hider on the .308 and 9mm guns because I rarely use them on those guns. Most of the time they wear a suppressor or a thread protector. But yea, it's a problem and you have to stay on top of it. Much like a laser bore sighter.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Glad to know others use this method of justification as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amateurs. I bought 6,000 rounds of 7.62x25 ammo about 10 years ago because it was cheaper than .22( want to say I spent about $275 for it)

I did not own a gun in that caliber at the time. My wife called me at work and asked why ups delivered 6000 rounds of ammo of a caliber we didn't own, then told me to stop by Tex-Guns on the way home and pick up a CZ 52.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Sounds like a home improvement or fixing something in the home.
    Seems to require 3 trips to Home Despot or Lowes, no matter what the project is. (must be one of the unlisted natural laws of the universe)

Top Bottom