ARJ Defense ad

Paying $260 for 1 classifed posted in the statesman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    OK, This question has nothing to do with firearms, but this is the only local forum I am currently registered with so any feedback would be killer. K, Im trying to get publicity for my business (its a carpet cleaning business), and was debating on posting an ad in 'The Austin American-Statesman' but they want $260 dollars for 1 month of ad-time. How many people actually read the 'Services Offered' section of the classifieds of this particular paper? would this be a huge waste of money? If wont even pay for itself then its really not a hit I can afford to take. Anybody that has any perspective, please let me know, thank you.
    Capitol Armory ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Sounds kind of pricey.But it takes money to make money.Give it a try for a month and if it does not increase your business then move on.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Im more than willing to spend money to make money, but definetly dont want to waste money. Has anybody here ever paid for advertising with this company? whether it be a service offered or an item sold, ect.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The paper generally isn't worthwhile, nor is radio. Have you looked into no-cost alternatives like Craigslist?

What is your profitability? $260 in a labor field isn't really hard to absorb being that a single job could bring that sort of revenue. I would try it, one good job can translate into several others, or repeat business.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    yeah, im all up and down craigslist. it takes a special kind of customer to seek out a service like mine on the internet. its more. one of those services you dont think about getting till its dangled in front of you. think i'll spend $200 on flyer and flyer distribution first, see how that goes. thanks for the feedback.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    yeah, im all up and down craigslist. it takes a special kind of customer to seek out a service like mine on the internet. its more. one of those services you dont think about getting till its dangled in front of you. think i'll spend $200 on flyer and flyer distribution first, see how that goes. thanks for the feedback.

Flyers are good. You can always distribute them close to your house so you limit traveling, although traveling with a fuel efficient vehicle is essentially another paycheck when tax time comes around.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Does the paper ad come with an on-line ad as well?

I don't think asking people on a forum will not get to the people that use the old paper for something like this. The people that read the paper, generally don't use the Internet or do so very little.

I don't think $260 for a month is that bad, but it also depends on your business and if that is in line with your advertising budget. I'd be looking at the low hanging fruit. The things that will get you the most bang for the buck.

Are other businesses like yours advertising there? If not, it may be a sign it's not worth it. If so, see hoe long they run. Maybe call and ask them if you can do so and not be a threat to their business.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I certainly hope you take a direction with your company advertising that is vastly different than your avatar. That's pretty creepy looking.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I looked to see what other ads were the 'Services Offered' section. Only found one, I think I'll figure something else out. Thanks for the tips and comments. my avatar? creepy? thats the pic that got me introduced to my wife. -=P

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Aside from craigslist, try talking to some apartment managers or property managers. Give them a discounted price since you won't have to do much in the way of sales.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, kinda lookin like a home grown terrorist in that picture. But Im more then personable when people meet me in real life. That apartment manager idea is good, I'll also hit up rv dealerships, make a deal on trade-ins and cosignments.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom