Peacable Journey (carry in personal vehicle)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Gun laws in Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gov. Perry also signed H.B. 1815 after passage by the 2007 Legislature, a bill that allows any Texas resident to carry a concealed handgun in the resident's motor vehicle without a CHL or other permit.[SUP][14][/SUP] The bill revised Chapter 46, Section 2 of the Penal Code to state that it is in fact not "Unlawful Carry of a Weapon", as defined by the statute, for a person to carry a handgun while in a motor vehicle they own or control, or to carry while heading directly from the person's home to that car. However, lawful carry while in a vehicle requires these three critical qualifiers: (1) the weapon must not be in plain sight (in Texas law, "plain sight" and "concealed" are mutually exclusive opposing terms);[SUP][15][/SUP] (2) the carrier cannot be involved in criminal activities, other than Class C traffic misdemeanors; and (3) the carrier cannot be a member of a criminal gang.[SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP]

Damn!!! You just won the lottery! I' m so grateful that I will send you (some time in the future) a six pack of beer (Jax, etc.). Joking aside, I'm very glad to know that. :banana:
    Target Sports

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    When I took the CHL class the first time. The instructor (TxI believe it or not) told the group that when he went into somewhere where CC was not allowed he would remove the magazine and take it with him. Then if the car were burglarized at least they would have to go buy a new magazine before the firearm could be used. Good Advice Thanks TxI.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Maybe TXI can confirm, but I thought 30.06 sign covering parking lot didn't cover inside the vehicle. Meaning you are good to go if you keep the firearm in your vehicle. Companies cannot regulate that (with a few exceptions) you are able to keep a firearm in your vehicle.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Note: "Peacable Journey" is a new term to me. I'e lived in Texas all my life and have been shooting almost 60 yrs. and have never heard that phrase. I looked for a "legitimate" definition on the internet (Google, etc.) and found little useful information. I'm just wondering why this term is even necessary (in Texas)?

Its not. It is meaningless here via Texas law.

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I do have a question tho. I was wanting to keep my 12ga pistol grip behind my seat in my truck. It's a single cab. Can I do this with it loaded?
    You're GTG. Legally, you can have it loaded, and open in your front seat. If you're pulled over, just keep your hands on the steering wheel. I've been pulled over twice here since I moved to Texas. I was let go both times with no citation. Both times, I had a loaded rifle in my front seat. First time, I had my AR with a 30 round mag. Officer only said, "Nice rifle", and that was it.

Second time, I wasn't pulled over per se, but was on a dirt road picking barberries. Sheriff pulled up behind me and asked what I was doing. I told him I was gathering wild edibles. He then notices my SKS in the passenger seat, and asked if he could shoot it!!!!
    I told him to "go ahead, knock your lights out" He thanked me, walked into the field, fired three rounds into an oak tree, handed me back the weapon, thanked me for the shoot, and "Have a nice day". Ahhh.. Rural Texas!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You're GTG. Legally, you can have it loaded, and open in your front seat. If you're pulled over, just keep your hands on the steering wheel. I've been pulled over twice here since I moved to Texas. I was let go both times with no citation. Both times, I had a loaded rifle in my front seat. First time, I had my AR with a 30 round mag. Officer only said, "Nice rifle", and that was it.

Second time, I wasn't pulled over per se, but was on a dirt road picking barberries. Sheriff pulled up behind me and asked what I was doing. I told him I was gathering wild edibles. He then notices my SKS in the passenger seat, and asked if he could shoot it!!!!
    I told him to "go ahead, knock your lights out" He thanked me, walked into the field, fired three rounds into an oak tree, handed me back the weapon, thanked me for the shoot, and "Have a nice day". Ahhh.. Rural Texas!

God Bless Texas Cops!

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    The first "gun encounter" I had with a cop, was the third day after I moved to Texas. I went to a local gun dealer to purchase my first handgun in Texas. I had my DL ( a sheet of paper with my pic and info on it), as I stayed with my In-laws for the first couple weeks until I found my own place.

I went to another dealer who offered to look it over for me. There was a cop setting outside on a lawn chair with the gun shop owner. I opened my door, and unloaded the weapon and walked over and handed it to the gun store owner. He said I got a REAL good deal on it (six oz. of silver, for a 1937, .38 sp, M&P police service weapon in nearly mint condition) around $240. The officer kindly reminded me that I should keep it loaded in the car, but needed to keep it covered (concealed). I thanked him and said I appreciated his advice. I was already well versed on Texas gun laws by the time I moved here. I lived in the PRK for twenty years (Originally, from KY), so I'm used to having to know gun laws.

KNOW your gun laws, there aren't many here, and there's no excuse for not knowing them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom